Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Take a deep breath ... exhale slowly ... and then

LAUGH!!! Really, guys, having watched many good friends on both sides of the fracas fire away on automatic with their heaviest artillery, I think it might be time to take a deep breath and get rid of the bad vibes from too much "plastic virus". Here's a less strident look at collecting slabs: It Came Within a Slab so Clear.
Askari

Come on over ... to The Dark Side! image

Comments

• Options
    Dog97Dog97 Posts: 7,875 ✭✭✭
    We take our plastic virus seriously and need no DarkSide peacemaker. Go back to you Darkness!! image
    Change that we can believe in is that change which is 90% silver.
  • Options
    AskariAskari Posts: 3,713
    I like it when you play hard-to-get!! image
    Askari

• Options
    One day when I feel frisky I will post my raw 1797 Pillar dollar or my 1697 silver shilling here and see if I can get tar & feathered.

I might even go over to your board and post my 1997-D PCGS MS-66 FS Pop 3/0 nickel and see how tough the DarkSiders are. You guys keep tar over there right? image
  • Options

<< <i>I might even go over to your board and post my 1997-D PCGS MS-66 FS Pop 3/0 nickel and see how tough the DarkSiders are. You guys keep tar over there right? >>

Tar? No, just cold beer and kielbasa. You really have been "away" from the Dark Side too long, haven't you? image Go ahead and bring your "5 Cent" over and who knows ... maybe someone will let you trade it in for a (14)97 early dated coin! (But don't get your hopes up!)
    Askari

• Options
    1497???? GASP PANT DROOL DROOL PANT That beats my oldest by 200 years.... I must resist....think plastic....highest graded....
  • Options
    dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dog, don't let it get to you. Next thing you know, ancients that are from 97BC ....
    Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053
  • Options
    Or, if he's trying to maintain the spacing, 3BC.

Dog, maybe you can find one of those European gold or silver coins slabbed by PCGS that is dated xx97. That might get your Middle Ages & plastic fix. image

Keith
    Keith ™

• Options
    Be strong. Cold beer and kielbasa isn't everything.
    Darn close but not everything.image
  • Options
    dpooledpoole Posts: 5,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who wants old rusty stuff with funny-lookin furrin language on it, when you can have new, shiney stuff, daintily displayed in clear plastic, all with good American English on it??? (except for that e pluribus unum thingy...) image
  • Options
    Hey, I've seen sl*bs!! Most of what's there isn't words and there's little that even looks like American English!!image

<< <i>Who wants old rusty stuff with funny-lookin furrin language on it? >>

If you'd go to a dealer with something other than "dug gems" in his "junk box" you'd be shocked at what's really "out there!" imageimage Why, most other countries producing modern proofs even still believe these coins should be of exceptional quality, not buffed business strikes! image

Gee, guys, y'all have sure got this plastic sickness bad!! image Don't you remember what it was like to actually hold a coin?! Maybe you've been out under that hot, furnace-bright sun for far too long with those MS70-labeled thingies. Why don't you come inside, where it's coolimage ... and Dark!! image

We'll keep the Lite off for ya'! imageimage
    Askari

• Options
    dpooledpoole Posts: 5,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can't hold 'em, Askari. You'll get thumb prints on 'em, and they won't grade as high.

Boy, are you Dark Siders DUM! image
  • Options
    Ah, now I see!!! Litesiders never learned to hold coins by their rims, so the plastic is for the coins' protection!! LOL!!! I knew there had to be some practical use for those plastic tombs! image
    Askari