Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

So I asked this seller a question.

Yesterday I asked a seller a simple question. He claims his cards are EX and NM but makes no mention if they are crease free. IMO EX and NM cards are crease free but I just wanted to be sure as I have gotten 'beautiful and great lots' before that had creases.

HIS REPLY?

Your registered name is included to show this message originated from eBay. Learn more.
Response to Question about Item -- Respond Now

eBay sent this message on behalf of an eBay member through My Messages. Responses sent using email will go to the eBay member directly and will include your email address.

Response from

Positive feedback: 99.4%
Registered on: www.ebay.com

I am not going to go through each card looking for creases. These are nice cards. There may or may not be creases - I culled these cards from a group of over 1500 Topps 59 cards. I took out any that were junk. Beleive me at the opening bid you
are getting a great deal. Take a look at these compared to some of the cards other sellers offer as EX+ or NM. Please judge for yourself. If you have any doubts don't bid. If they don't sell as a lot I will sell them individually and make more money - it is just a pain in the neck.

There may or may not be creases? ON EX to NM cards? he can't be bothered to look thru 100 cards? It is a pain in the neck? to what be truthful?

Another seller I will not do business with.

Steve

Good for you.

Comments

• stevekstevek Posts: 27,575 ✭✭✭✭✭
    W
  • Sounds like the type of seller that will drop the cards loose in a box or in a plain white envelope...
    Next MONTH? So he's saying that if he wins, the best-case scenario is that he'll be paying for it two weeks after the auction ends?

Forget blocking him; find out where he lives and go punch him in the nuts. --WalterSobchak 9/12/12

Looking for Al Hrabosky and any OPC Dave Campbells (the ESPN guy)
  • bobsbbcardsbobsbbcards Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭
    What a tool.

I've bought from that seller before, and I never would again. Miserable experience. image
  • smallstockssmallstocks Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭
    Please tell us who the seller is.

Late 60's and early to mid 70's non-sports
  • ebayaddictebayaddict Posts: 232 ✭✭
    Too vague for me to buy!!!!!
    "You must understand the difference in things that are similar, and the similarity of things that are different"

• stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>W >>

E

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts

<< <i>

<< <i>W >>

E

image >>

A

Is this a cheat thread already? image
    S

+1
  • WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    I gotta agree with Stevek..............guy is a weasel.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    E

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • jskirwinjskirwin Posts: 700 ✭✭✭
    am not going to go through each card looking for creases. These are nice cards. There may or may not be creases - I culled these cards from a group of over 1500 Topps 59 cards. I took out any that were junk. Beleive me at the opening bid you are getting a great deal. Take a look at these compared to some of the cards other sellers offer as EX+ or NM. Please judge for yourself. If you have any doubts don't bid. If they don't sell as a lot I will sell them individually and make more money - it is just a pain in the neck.

Here's what I would tell him:

Dear Mr. Seller
    All right, I won't bid. I'm not going to pay money to a seller who is so lazy that he can't check his items in order to accurately describe them. Worse, he acts like he's doing bidders a favor by offering his cards in a lot, and considers the effort to make more money from listing them individually "a pain in the neck." If you are too lazy to describe the cards, how can I trust that you won't be too lazy to pack them properly or ship them promptly?

Do you know how many sellers there are out there? Do you know how many people are willing to list accurately, are willing to be honest about their items and are willing to take the time to provide good service? I will buy their items - but I won't ever buy from you.
    LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
    Bottom line Steve in my view if you really want a lot like this, then place your bid as though every card has a crease. Of course you probably aren't going to win the bid this way but that's what I think your max bid should be.

I'll admit I've bought from ebay weasels before - if the price is right and they have something I want, I figure why not?
  • MeteoriteGuyMeteoriteGuy Posts: 7,140 ✭✭
    !!!!!!

(added to the WEASEL)

Mark
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • RedHeart54RedHeart54 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭
    I've learned in over 20 years of collecting that if the dealer/seller acts like he's doing you a favor by doing business with you he is not worth doing business with. You're just asking for a headache. I've seen this play out with weekend warriors right up dealers who sold high end material. They just don't understand the concept of reputation, especially in the small world of card collecting.
  • WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    When i cull cards and create lots that i call Ex or better I know from when i culled them that they have no creases. This guy claims he culled these cards from over 1000? How could he not know if they had creases or not? How could he call this lot ex to nmnt? When he said he did not know that told me that some of the cards prolly had creases. therefore the lot can't be an EX to Nmnt lot.

lot sold for 122.00 100+ 1959 cards for a lil over a buck each. I did not bid.

Steve
    Good for you.