Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Set Registry Coin Ownership

: Has this happened to you? I tried to enter a PCGS grade 67 37D Washington Quarter in my set several days ago, but when I entered the cert # it indicated it was under another owner. PCGS got involved and the old owner could not remember the coin and was not sure he had it in his inventory. I had to send an Email to PCGS registry stating the coin was bought May 5 at a Heritage auction. Had to provide auction #, inventory #. hammer price, etc. etc. Now I am not very bright but don,t you think the seller would remember consigning and selling a $3000 coin two weeks ago. I am almost finished entering all the cert. #s in my Basic Wash. collection and several of the coins have ownership issues. This is the first coin set I have submitted to the registry. I have a Mantle PSA set in the PSA registry and had absolutely no problem with the cert #s.

Comments

• Options
    sonoranmonsoonsonoranmonsoon Posts: 2,078 ✭✭
    It happens every now and then. My worse case scenario has been that PCGS asked me to email a pic of the coin. That ussually does the trick.
  • Options
    CameonutCameonut Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have had this happen to me a number of times. Usually the problem is taken care of with a few emails, but as sonoranmonsoon points out, you might have to send a pic if the original owner does not respond.

I have also accidently done this to others. I have often upgraded pieces and forgotten to delete them from my inventory - they stay in inventory until you take them out. Then the coins go in my "for sale" box and who knows when they actually get sold. In the instances where I sold them, PCGS sends a polite email asking to take care of it.

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Thomas Jefferson

My digital cameo album 1950-64 Cameos - take a look!

• Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I have also accidently done this to others. I have often upgraded pieces and forgotten to delete them from my inventory >>

I've done the same thing. When I list a registry quality coin on eBay I park it in inventory to prevent cert number theft, and I've frequently forgotten to delete them. image

Russ, NCNE