Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

2006 W 20th Anniv Silver Eagle Blue Label NGC MS69

coinsarefuncoinsarefun Posts: 21,671 ✭✭✭✭✭
I read that since the blue label on the NGC slab indicates that this particular ASE came from the gold set it commands a higher price because of the lower mintage.

Does PCGS have similar wording on their slabs?

I was unaware that the prices were getting so high.

Is this a true statement? If so will it soon reach the prices of the reverse proof? Or pass it?

Ebay Auction

Comments

• Options
    FletcherFletcher Posts: 3,294
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,313 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I read that since the blue label on the NGC slab indicates that this particular ASE came from the gold set it commands a higher price because of the lower mintage. >>

- NO. The COIN does not have a lower mintage....the SLAB does image The ASE is indistinguable from any of the other 469,999 ASEs that are UNC and W mintmarked.

<< <i>Does PCGS have similar wording on their slabs? >>

- Nope. Just "20th Annv" and maybe "1st Strike".

<< <i>I was unaware that the prices were getting so high. >>

- Yep, they are image

<< <i>Is this a true statement? If so will it soon reach the prices of the reverse proof? Or pass it? >>

Is what a true statement? The UNC is climbing, and the uncs are more popularly collected, I believe, so it will have huge demand, but I do think, depending on what the mint does in the future (any more RPs or not), the RP will be 2nd only to the 1995W in popularity/price. Just my $0.02 worth on that.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file