Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

How do you guys package your cards for submission?

I was just wondering if everybody packages their cards for submission using psa's guidelines? I've only submitted twice and have followed their instructions (wrapping in that pain in the a$$ brown tape and sending it registered). Does anybody just send it regular insured priority, and if so have you had good/bad luck?

Comments

• Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    I wrap the submission in the invoice, then bubble wrap it into a priority mail box. Cello tape the seams, send it priority insured, and never had a problem. Write the fastest service on the outside of the box, along with the number of invoices enclosed - e.g. "5 day, (3)". I've never used brown tape, nor put the sticker on each card saver, and have probably had 50-60 submissions without a problem.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    dontippetdontippet Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭✭
    Registered is the safest, and the cheapest when it comes to insuring your package for high dollars. I've insured my packages for as high as $4,000 and registered is by far the cheapest route to go. If I am sending a small amount, then I just use regular mail. Also, my post office always has brown tape for registered mail. When I have sent registered, I just take the opened box to the post office and use their tape to seal it up.
    > [Click on this link to see my ebay listings.](https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_sacat=0&_udlo=&_udhi=&_ftrt=901&_ftrv=1&_sabdlo=&_sabdhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=15&_stpos=61611&_sargn=-1&saslc=1&_salic=1&_fss=1&_fsradio=&LH_SpecificSeller=1&_saslop=1&_sasl=mygirlsthree3&_sop=12&_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_fosrp=1)
    >

Successful transactions on the BST boards with rtimmer, coincoins, gerard, tincup, tjm965, MMR, mission16, dirtygoldman, AUandAG, deadmunny, thedutymon, leadoff4, Kid4HOF03, BRI2327, colebear, mcholke, rpcolettrane, rockdjrw, publius, quik, kalinefan, Allen, JackWESQ, CON40, Griffeyfan2430, blue227, Tiggs2012, ndleo, CDsNuts, ve3rules, doh, MurphDawg, tennessebanker, and gene1978.
  • Options
    jfkheatjfkheat Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I sent in a submission today for the May $13/5 day special. I sent it registered mail and insured for $4800. The post office usually will not let you ship a package insured for that much without the brown tape but they will give you the tape to use. I have had them make me tape every seam but today they only taped the main top and bottom flaps with 2 pieces of tape. I packaged it by the PSA guidelines with the stickers on each card and all.
    James