Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

need opinions and i know i'll get them

Buyer has not paid for the ebay auction which ended May 13th. This person waits until May 23rd to reply that he will send via Money order. He has paid fast on high dollar auctions but is now dragging his feet on a $10 auction. As of today no funds have been received from NY to WA. He has not replied to my reminder notice and has not replied to one additional e-mail(which was polite) as to his intentions to pay or not.

O.K. open for opinions

Comments

• pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭
    leave it alone for a few days..
    ·p_A·
  • I always file an NPB after 10 days. Ain't worth the bother waiting...
    << image >>
  • storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭
    It's been 7 days since he said he would pay.

There was a holiday.

Check will likely come soon.
    Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.
  • pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭
    im basing my opinion on the fact you said he's paid fast for high dollar items..

some people are busy and may travel, etc.. if he said he mailed something on the 23rd, i'd give it a few more days.. maybe even through the weekend.. how long do you have before its too late to file a npb?
    ·p_A·
  • Carew29Carew29 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭

Holiday didn't come until 16 days after the auction ended. I will give until friday's mail. I think 3 weeks is fair enough.
  • RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    File a NPB. I just had a very similar one. Auction ended on 5/13, two invoices sent and one message asking them politely to pay. No response. I filed a NPB today.

Ron
    Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
    Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items
  • Let it ride 2 more days. No payment by Friday, then file. 3 weeks is more than a sufficient amount of time to wait, especially for $10.
  • dtsadtsa Posts: 235 ✭✭
    wait.
    holidays. mail. wife. kids.
    floods, famine, it might not be his fault.
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For a $10 auction, I'd give it to the end of the week.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Assuming the guy does not have a history of being a deadbeat on his winnings I let it slide. He knows he has to pay you and will do so. Sometimes it is the $10 auctions that take me the longest to pay, especially when I can't just paypal the money right now. Finding the checkbook, remembering the postage rates went up, holidays, kids little league games. All excuses but $10 bucks won't kill you. Now, if he had a history of skipping out on the winnings bid, then file the NPB.
    Learn some history of the game. Join a vintage base ball team in your area and get out there.
    Simsbury Taverneers
    My PSA Sets
  • go ahead neg his butt, and tell him you are going to have his 1st, 2nd and 3rd born killed,if that don't work tell him you are sending him your 1st and 2nd wives to live with him until he pays.
  • GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    note to self- pay diamondman immediately next time........

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• StumpStump Posts: 927
    Diamondman

Can I send you some money now for a card I may buy from you in the future. Just in case I forget later.
    Visit my site @ www.djjscards.com
  • bobsbbcardsbobsbbcards Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Diamondman

Can I send you some money now for a card I may buy from you in the future. Just in case I forget later. >>

imageimageimage
  • I say give it a few more days. The only thing out of the ordinary is the fact he hasn't responded to your recent inquiries. Things come up--family emergencies, unexpected expenses...if there is no history of skipping out on a payment, it should come soon.
    Next MONTH? So he's saying that if he wins, the best-case scenario is that he'll be paying for it two weeks after the auction ends?

Forget blocking him; find out where he lives and go punch him in the nuts. --WalterSobchak 9/12/12

Looking for Al Hrabosky and any OPC Dave Campbells (the ESPN guy)
  • on my last three auctions....I am just now getting payment (well over a week) they all sent money orders and the mail got delayed with the Holiday.
  • ebayaddictebayaddict Posts: 232 ✭✭
    too long ...time to move on.
    "You must understand the difference in things that are similar, and the similarity of things that are different"

• If he is a bidder on your high dollar auctions, I wouldn't even bother him at all any more for the $10 auction. Why possibly risk a continued future high dollar bidder for pocket change?

• << <i>If he is a bidder on your high dollar auctions, I wouldn't even bother him at all any more for the $10 auction. Why possibly risk a continued future high dollar bidder for pocket change? >>

• << <i>Diamondman

Can I send you some money now for a card I may buy from you in the future. Just in case I forget later. >>

LOL, yes just send cash or money order. LOL

Being serious, He could be ill or as others have said mail is slow. my auctions say 7 days to pay, but I usually wait 14 days and then contact the buyer politely asking about payment. if no response in a 5 days , I file a NPB dispute. then it is wait another 7 days then close the dispute. (Then I sick the ex-wives on him)