Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

QVC release Schedule

I have noticed a direct correlation between prices of coins on Ebay and the release of same coin on the t.v. shopping networks. Basically, I see a spike in price whenever these t.v. guys try sell something that I am selling on Ebay.
My question is this, is there anybody on this list or anyone who knows where I can find the release schedules of the various Coin Telemarketers? It would be very useful to know when to list your items for sale, so as to coincide with the free advertising on these channels.
I know there are folks with inside info from the mint and various other organizations on this forum, was just wondering if we had the contacts to get this info. Would be a huge bonus.
Thanks
Springbok

Comments

• Options
    I'll bet QVC & HSN customer service would gladly tell you (in hopes of you tuning in and maxing out your credit card)... They've always been extremely helpful in telling you exactly when you can find something to spend all your money on (my Grandma used to be an addict).

Let us know if you find out... image
  • Options
    Yip, I'll keep searching, maybe calling them up directly is the answer. I'll give it a try tomorrow.
    Thanks
  • Options
    TexastTexast Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭✭
    You can also get a heads up by looking at the online edition of Coin World on Tuesday afternoon, a lot of times you can get a clue as to what might sell good by the articles, the best ones are the ones on the front page, by the time it hits the mailbox or news stands a week later it draws more intrest in those items and sales go up. Watch the error section also, if you have a good error that is listed in the paper it's like free advertising, just make sure to use their key word in your auction title.
    On BS&T Now: Nothing.
    Fighting the Fight for 11 Years with the big "C" - Never Ever Give Up!
    Member PCGS Open Forum board 2002 - 2006 (closed end of 2006) Current board since 2006 Successful trades with many members, over the past two decades, never a bad deal.
  • Options
    You can sign up for a coin vault newsletter at their site and then know what the next week's special will be so you could run your item during the same time.

www.shopathometv.com

• Options
    Thank you to ModernCrapNut and Texast, those are great tips and I have followed through on both.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file