Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

FSH: Norfolk PCGS 66

FSH until 6/10/07 then to Ebay: all prices delivered to Forum members ...thanks!

Bust Half, PCGS 62, very lustrous with intact cartwheel; grey-green centers going to blue peripheries, very pretty, unhairlined $1500 ON HOLD
imageimage

Norfolk commem half, PCGS 66, original fresh surfaces with some traces of tab toning obverse $550
imageimage

Ford So called Dollar, 1933, HK 465, warm red-brown surfaces, few spots, NGC 64...$ 78 SOLD
imageimageimage

Washington $5 Gold, two tone gorgeous obv, light gold reverse, flawless, PCGS 69 $450 SOLD
imageimage

1937 Texas commem, NGC MS65, rose and blue toning, pretty, hopefully NT... $285 SOLD
imageimage
Dr Mikey
Commems and Early Type

Comments

• Options
    mustanggtmustanggt Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PM sent
  • Options
    CommemDudeCommemDude Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dr Mikey
    Commems and Early Type
  • Options
    CladiatorCladiator Posts: 17,920 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If your current deal in progress on that Ford dollar falls through you can consider it sold. Just let me know image
  • Options
    jamesfsmjamesfsm Posts: 652 ✭✭
    I'm interested in the Bust Half. Please PM me as pics are not working.
  • Options
    Dr Mikey
    Commems and Early Type
  • Options
    image I will purchase the Bust Half, just PM me and consider it sold.
  • Options
    UPDATE please, I will purchase the bust half if the others fall through...

Thanks!
  • Options
    mozinmozin Posts: 8,755 ✭✭✭
    From the pictures provided, this coin for sale is not the Large Letter 1832 Bust Half Dollar. This coin for sale looks like it could be O-115 R1. With better pictures I could attribute the marriage better.

The 1832 Large Letter O-101 reverse looks like the picture below. Note the always present huge die break through the left wing.

I collect Capped Bust series by variety in PCGS AU/MS grades.
  • Options
    Mozin: I will defer to your expertise on attributing this coin, perhaps someone else could weigh in? I am not a bust half collector and I dont know one Overton from another. If it's some rare new variety worth a zillion dollars then the new buyer just got lucky image
    Dr Mikey
    Commems and Early Type
  • Options
    LeeGLeeG Posts: 12,162

<< <i>1937 Texas commem, NGC MS65, rose and blue toning, pretty, hopefully NT... >>

As the previous owner of this one, I believe it to be NT.

imageimage
  • Options
    mozinmozin Posts: 8,755 ✭✭✭
    PCGS has made many errors on labeling the 1832 Small Letter coins as Large Letter. I do not understand how they could make such a mistake considering the very large die break. A check with Heritage prices realized will turn up a number of instances just like on the coin for sale in this thread. At least Heritage makes the correction in their auction lot descriptions. I admit I notify Heritage whenever I see an incorrect description. They know me well.

The 1832 Large Letter is very plentiful, but the demand is large, so it should command a small premium. I am surprised REDBOOK does not indicate such premium---yet.

CommemDude's coin looks to me to be priced reasonable for an 1832 PCGS 62. Knowing how CommemDude selects his coins, and looking at the pictures, I think the asking price is a bargain.
    I collect Capped Bust series by variety in PCGS AU/MS grades.
  • Options
    AnkurJAnkurJ Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭
    As the new owner of the Texas Commem, I am happy to say that is now resides in my dansco 7070 along with a toned Oregon, San Diego, and Lincoln!

It was also great to meet you today Mike!

Ankur
    All coins kept in bank vaults.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
    SeaEagleCoins: 11/14/54-4/5/12. Miss you Larry!