Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Get ready for more fake Mantle card scams...

Not sure if anyone's posted about this one yet, but check out this auction (not sure if I got the link right):

myurl

Looks like someone's got a Mantle printing press...bet alot of these will be sold as authentic to unsuspecting buyers.

Comments

• 2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not at that price he isn't going to sell them. $500.00 shipping. Wow.
    W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • EagleEyeKidEagleEyeKid Posts: 4,496 ✭✭
    And only $500 for shipping....what a deal!
  • fmclaug11fmclaug11 Posts: 325 ✭✭✭
    You're right about the price...but I'm sure eventually they'll be sold at some price or broken down in smaller chunks and find there way into the wrong hands...
  • Looking at his feed back it looks like he already tried to pass them off as authentic a couple of years ago.
  • mkg809mkg809 Posts: 1,320 ✭✭
    It has a bid.
  • No returns "excepted". Technically, through poor spelling and grammar, I think he just allowed a return for any reason with his double negative.image
    #10 PSA Set for Topps Baseball currently on eBay under seller deeppurple1.
  • EagleEyeKidEagleEyeKid Posts: 4,496 ✭✭
    the cost is $2 per card or 75,000 for all of them

What does this mean? He's only going to send you 1 card for $2 + the $500 shipping?
    On the bottom he implies a sample for $2.
  • I wonder if he accepts SASE? image
  • basestealerbasestealer Posts: 1,579
    I don't get it... he has 1 feedback, it's a negative, yet his score is (0) and not (-1), and his percentage is 50%. Maybe it's late and I'm missing something.
  • jimq112jimq112 Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I don't get it... he has 1 feedback, it's a negative, yet his score is (0) and not (-1), and his percentage is 50%. Maybe it's late and I'm missing something. >>

Says on top he has a positive too, ebay glitch I guess.
  • bobsbbcardsbobsbbcards Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I don't get it... he has 1 feedback, it's a negative, yet his score is (0) and not (-1), and his percentage is 50%. Maybe it's late and I'm missing something. >>

He has one feedback as a seller and one feedback as a buyer (a positive).
  • basestealerbasestealer Posts: 1,579

<< <i>

He has one feedback as a seller and one feedback as a buyer (a positive). >>

Uggg. I see the eBay default has now changed to show just the feedback as a seller, rather than all feedback. So I clicked on all feedback and there it is. And the funny thing is most people don't bother clicking the feedback of (0) members, assuming they are new. This guy could theoritically rack up an equal amount of negatives and positives, totalling into the thousands, and still remain at (0) if he's clever.
  • bifff257bifff257 Posts: 751 ✭✭

I am shocked he is not including a book with this lot of fakes cards....

"Sellers Guide to selling fake sports cards on ebay(how to make a mint selling reprints)" imageimage

• stevekstevek Posts: 27,582 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wonder how much opium this kid has smoked?

Description

i have 25,000 barry bond and 50,000 mickey mantles. the cards are re-prints and look as good as the real thing. i can sell them all for one price or in lots of 1,000. they can be resold on ebay or maybe to a vendor for machines. I can send examples to serious buyers. the cost is $2 per card or 75,000 for all of them, i am open to selling them any way. No retuns excepted

• scooter729scooter729 Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭
    Listing go POOF!

Ebay gets it right occasionally.