Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Comments

• Options
    EagleEyeKidEagleEyeKid Posts: 4,496 ✭✭
    He looks like he likes it.
  • Options
    BigRedMachineBigRedMachine Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭
    I know this will make me sound like a complete jacka$$, but............

We don't do soccer at this house. Dad says so.

shawn
  • Options
    Looks like the guy gettin hit in the nads is the fella from Queer Eye.
    Which, upon seeing this picture, produced the immediate thought: uh. Thank god!
    Do You Collect image Baseball 1937,1965-94,2008-09?
    Or Regional Canadian Baseball Issues?
    Come be a contributor to the OPC Baseball Wiki. It's free and easy!
    OPeeChee.Wikispaces.Com
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That guy's day is about a milli-second from going downhill!
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dry humpin' a shin pad. Yay soccer image
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    BigRedMachineBigRedMachine Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Dry humpin' a shin pad. Yay soccer image >>

• Options
    LOL do kids actually WANT to play soccer>?

Mom! I wanna run around and not ever score a goal.

I encourage my little nieces and nephews to play softball and little league image

They got sick of soccer (they don't keep score!, nobody loses. hurrah!

• Options
    ArchStantonArchStanton Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭
    I played organized soccer from 1978 until 1996. I absolutely loved it. I scored a total of two goals. No kidding.

To this day, soccer is the only sport I can watch any time anywhere no matter who is playing or if I know a single player.
    Collector of 1976 Topps baseball for some stupid reason.
    Collector of Pittsburgh Pirates cards for a slightly less stupid reason.
    My Pirates Collection
  • Options
    EstilEstil Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭✭
    It's not soccer, it's football. Or as they call it in Latin America, futbol. image
    WISHLIST
    Dimes: 54S, 53P, 50P, 49S, 45D+S, 44S, 43D, 41S, 40D+S, 39D+S, 38D+S, 37D+S, 36S, 35D+S, all 16-34's
    Quarters: 52S, 47S, 46S, 40S, 39S, 38S, 37D+S, 36D+S, 35D, 34D, 32D+S
    74 Topps: 37,38,46,47,48,138,151,193,210,214,223,241,256,264,268,277,289,316,435,552,570,577,592,602,610,654,655
    1997 Finest silver: 115, 135, 139, 145, 310
    1995 Ultra Gold Medallion Sets: Golden Prospects, HR Kings, On-Base Leaders, Power Plus, RBI Kings, Rising Stars
  • Options
    are those pics from soccer matches or Americas funniest home videos? nothing buy Ow! My Balls!
  • Options
    Arsenal83Arsenal83 Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭
    I've played soccer for 22 years, baseball for 12, and football for 10, and while I agree that soccer can be tough for kids since scoring is scarce at times, so can baseball. My first year of little league I played outfield and hated it because not too many 5 years olds could make it out that far. As soon as I started playing catcher I absolutely fell in love with the sport. I'd still rather watch a good baseball or football game to soccer, but anyone who appreciates creative footwork, pretty passing and some amazing shots (albeit not as many as most would like) can definitely enjoy a good soccer match.
  • Options
    Interesting !
    I guess that kick is a little more common than I thought image

I wonder if that is the coaches way of getting one of the better players off the field in a hurry ?

My Nephew plays soccer , he's on a few teams , He plays for Hofstra , He played for Loyola and he Plays on the National team .

In High school for St Johns he tied the record for scoring the most goals in a single season , Actually he broke the record , but because of school politics 1 goal didn't count , so he tied .

What soccer did for him? For starters He had every coach from every major college come over here and offer him a full scholarship to play for them , he eventually chose Loyola College and was ranked # 2 in the Nation at one time . But it keeps him in fine shape and he also learned how to play as a team not just an individual a lesson that should and will carry over into the many other sports he loves to play. Football/Baseball/Basketball
    The Kid has been to Germany /Italy /Brazil /France /Hawaii and countless other places playing on the national team and is a well rounded boy , Not too bad for a kid without a "father" father in his life .
    So soccer pretty much saved him I would have to say
  • Options
    SoFLPhillyFanSoFLPhillyFan Posts: 3,931 ✭✭
    But then again there are the soccer moms like Pam Anderson. Worth a kick to the man sack I'd say.

I think the coach lost a couple practice balls.

• Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Holy Scoliosis!
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    scooter729scooter729 Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭
    That look on the little kid's face staring up at Pam's melons is absolutely priceless!!!
  • Options
    frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I know this will make me sound like a complete jacka$$, but............

We don't do soccer at this house. Dad says so.

shawn >>

Amen, brother!

Shane

• Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    The guy getting kicked in the first picture kind of has a Shaun Penn look to his face.
  • Options
    frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>LOL do kids actually WANT to play soccer>?

Mom! I wanna run around and not ever score a goal.

>>

Shane

• Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭

<< <i>That look on the little kid's face staring up at Pam's melons is absolutely priceless!!! >>

"too bad I already ate"