Home Coin Swaps, Tags and Giveaways
Options

~ HELP ~

I always see that "all the information" on tags & swaps, etc. can be found here, in the posts... But, I still only have a general idea of what is going on.

Can someone make an "All You Need To Know About: Tags, Swaps & Giveaways" thread?? With all the pertinent rules, info., directions, how-to...??

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    Musky1011Musky1011 Posts: 3,899 ✭✭✭✭
    Boom's swaps, his rules
    read in the swap post
    it is all there
    if you have any question that are not answered there

PM me

Jim
    Pilgrim Clock and Gift Shop.. Expert clock repair since 1844

Menomonee Falls Wisconsin USA

http://www.pcgs.com/SetRegistr...dset.aspx?s=68269&ac=1">Musky 1861 Mint Set
  • Options
    Jim, I think askRaq has a good point here.

We all make rules with regards to swaps and tags- but they never stay at the top- It might be within the house to post the official rules that have been formed by the swappers club and the taggers club- I'm sure a mod or carol can do this for the next month or so- that way everyone that wants to join in the fun will understand the rules right out of the gate.
  • Options
    BRdudeBRdude Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Boom's swaps, his rules >>

I think that is the deal. Different folks that start them get to make the rules. Most may be "about" the same, but i believe it is to each persons discretion.
    AKA kokimoki
    the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed
    Join the NRA and protect YOUR right to keep and bear arms
    To protest against all hunting of game is a sign of softness of head, not soundness of heart. Theodore Roosevelt
    [L]http://www.ourfallensoldier.com/ThompsonMichaelE_MemorialPage.html[L]
  • Options
    I received the explanation in a PM. But I still think that there should be a permanent "sticky note" thread that gives the basics: ie. what exactly is a "swap" & a "tag", and the general way that each works, and the main difference differences between the two.
    You know, for those of us who may be clueless... and so that new members don't just dismiss an opportunity to participate when they aren't even sure what it is.
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,837 ✭✭✭✭✭
    clueless is here ...

I never wandered away from the funny farm (us coin forum) except over to the BST once in a while.
    This world is not big, it's just deep with lots of layers. I am happy to report I enjoy Boom's camaraderie.

But I cannot help you here. I just found the place, accidentally.
  • Options
    ajiaajia Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭
    Swaps are easier to explain than Tags, as those usually have rules created by the member creating the tag.
    Tags are basically a group of coins put together by the originator (THE package) and he then creates an order of the members to recieve the package.
    That member trades his coins for coins he wants that are in the package, usually with the originators approval.
    The package is then shipped to the next member in line.
    This continues until all members listed have had a chance at the package.

Usually tougher to get in on Tags as there may be thousands worth of coins in the package.

This basically covers it.