Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Check this out!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/1978-Topps-Robert-Parrish-86-PSA-10-Warriors_W0QQitemZ280118531291QQihZ018QQcategoryZ16283QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Check out the serial # on this card and type it in the certification verifyer, and keep adding just one number up. The guy got like 100 PSA 10s in a row. Some submission!!!
Example 81674058, 81674059, 81674060................

Comments

• Options
    It is impressive. However, a large volume submitter can request a minimum grade of 10. Thus, if he submits 1,000 cards with a minimum grade of 10 and he receives 100 "10's", then the computer records (submission results) will show a 100 card submission with each card receiving a 10. He still has to pay the grading fees for 1,000 cards.
  • Options
    handymanhandyman Posts: 5,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So wait. If I had 500 cards and I only wanted to have the 10s graded would I have to pay for ever card I send in or just the 10's???
    But pay a little more for them???
    Let me know
  • Options
    GootGoot Posts: 3,496
    Handy man, you really enjoy finding weird stuff on ebay huh? lol.
  • Options
    Thats what I do. research!!
  • Options
    I sent you a PM. However, you need to pay the full submission fee on each card sent in to PSA. All this saves you is from cracking the cards out that did not meet the minimum grade. However, this option is not available to all submitters.
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    I dont understand how this makes financial sense, saving time not cracking nines to resubmit? I didn't check what types of cards were submitted, but I would think a Parish RC psa 9 is more $$ than raw+grading?
  • Options
    You need to focus on the impact of this approach by the large submitter on PSA's business judgment. Do you want to allienate a large submitter or maybe want to keep him coming back by giving more 10s then you would have otherwise?
  • Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    I was curious as to whether the grader sees the minimum requested grade. If that's the case, it definitely plants a seed in their mind where instead of coming up with a number, they're look at the card as to whether or not it is worthy of a 10.

For example, as a bartender, you have much better chance of selling a Corona if you ask the customer "Can I get you a Corona?" instead of "What kind of beer would you like?" Same thing with PSA- If you ask the grader "Is this a 10?" you have a better chance of getting a 10 then asking "What does this card grade?"

Lee
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>I was curious as to whether the grader sees the minimum requested grade. If that's the case, it definitely plants a seed in their mind where instead of coming up with a number, they're look at the card as to whether or not it is worthy of a 10.

For example, as a bartender, you have much better chance of selling a Corona if you ask the customer "Can I get you a Corona?" instead of "What kind of beer would you like?" Same thing with PSA- If you ask the grader "Is this a 10?" you have a better chance of getting a 10 then asking "What does this card grade?"

Lee >>

They say that the grader has no idea, but who really knows? In regards to packman's post, you will find that most of the cards that begin with the '81..' prefix will have 50-60 cards in a row that are graded a 10, then a few that are graded a 9, which shoots down the M/G theory.

• Options
    TextHowever, this option is not available to all submitters.

Why not?

If I buy a lot of gasoline, I don't get a lower rate than "Joe Commuter".
    NewJerseyMeatHook II
  • Options
    If what you say is true. Then it sounds like they are buying there grades wouldnt you say. Im not sure if PSA would do that?
  • Options
    PRFB is a tool.
  • Options
    jimq112jimq112 Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭

<< <i>TextHowever, this option is not available to all submitters.

Why not?

If I buy a lot of gasoline, I don't get a lower rate than "Joe Commuter". >>

No offense, but if you buy "a lot" of gasoline and you buy regularly from an independent station you most definitely can get a lower rate. Many car lots buy from one station and get a discount, fleets like school bus garages and cab companies get a large discount. When I had a station (1980s) we had 3 car lots that spent over $2500 a month with us. They saved a hundred or 2 a month with the discount, we were glad to have them because we got a better price with the increased volume, and our gas deliveries were more frequent meaning fresher better gas for our customers.

I couldn't expect psa to give me any great deal, my $200-300 a month is enough for them to pay one employee one day.