Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

Please help me pay for my home air conditioner repair!

Well, my air conditioner compressor for my house quit working after only 9 years. I had to spend $985 to fix it. So, sadly, I have to sell a couple of (what I would call) major things that I had planned on keeping. Plus, I rounded up a few minor items laying around so that I can pay for this A/C bill.

I really wanted to keep the Mickey Mantle auto and my last 1955 Bowman wax pack, but they both have to go.

My Ebay Auctions - Mantle Auto and 55 Bowman Pack

Shane

Comments

• Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    Tell me about it .......

I just hired someone yesterday to do our roof in 2 weeks. A major expense I had not planned on for a few years yet. Damn flashing.image
  • Options
    frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I'll add a "mad" emoticon as well.

Shane

• Options
    Piman58Piman58 Posts: 814 ✭✭
    Last year on Memorial day weekend out heat pump decided to 'retire' without giving two weeks notice. We had a hard time finding someone to do a quick fix for us. The new heat pump to replace it set us back $5000, and I did not have a Mantle auto or 55 Bowman pack to sell.

Good luck with the auctions!
  • Options
    I'd be happy to trade some cards for cash tooo. I need to payoff my new caddy. image
  • Options

<< <i>I'd be happy to trade some cards for cash tooo. I need to payoff my new caddy. image >>

Wow, ......I have to carry my own clubs!image
  • Options
    Her name is Sara SRX and she is blackmailing me.
  • Options
    mkg809mkg809 Posts: 1,320 ✭✭
    My heat pump went out today.
    Must be the global warming....image
  • Options
    RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    It is sad when one must sell cards to pay bills, repairs, etc. I am doing the same thing now and it sucks.

Ron
    Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
    Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items
  • Options
    I have a 1975 Caddy I would trade for a PSA 9 1960 or 1961 Koufax card! Heater nor the air conditioner work on this 5000 pound land shark. If you need 500 cubic inches and 11 mpg and have an extra Koufax here is your chance! Rick
    "I CAN'T COMPLAIN BUT SOMETIMES I STILL DO" - SMOKY JOE WALSH - - -
    Always looking for 53 Topps Baseball and "stuff"
  • Options

<< <i>It is sad when one must sell cards to pay bills, repairs, etc. I am doing the same thing now and it sucks.

Ron >>

yep....I had a few of my remaining better coins consigned to a couple of dealers and was going to pick up the 33 Goudey Ruth cards when they sold. I just got word that one of them sold. Guess what it buys instead....1/2 of our new roof.image
  • Options
    julen23julen23 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭
    a/c repair yuck.

2 days ago 1 of my friend's houses burned to the ground during a lightning storm, friggin lightning struck a propane tank outside on his deck! burned his garage, house, and even burned cars in the garage!

he did have insurance and agent's were out taking junk away and accessing damage w/in 24 hours!

gl w/ auctions and roof and all repairs we all have!!!!

julen

tgi(almost)f
    RIP GURU
  • Options
    ebayaddictebayaddict Posts: 232 ✭✭
    Feel your pain........just had $600+ work done on my AC ( part was under warranty even)...........good luck!
    "You must understand the difference in things that are similar, and the similarity of things that are different"

• Options
    well i wished I lived near you frank,I would of charged you the price for a new a/c and the 55 bowman for labor.I installed a new 80% furnace, 2 1/2 ton a/c unit ,and 30 gallon w/h for $ 3,000 (parts and labor) for my wife's aunt,2 years ago. also putting on a new roof for my dad this weekend material plus $600 labor( more money to buy 74 topps raw baseball)

later jeff
    set needs
    03/04 & 05/06 topps black
    72-77 topps baseball raw
    72-75 topps football raw
    any years santo,williams,banks,
    payton,butkus,sayers,piccalo,ditka,hampton
    wantlist

good transactions katscards,swartz1,packman,Salinas
  • Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,540 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>also putting on a new roof for my dad this weekend material plus $600 labor >>

You're charging your dad? LOL
  • Options

<< <i>I have a 1975 Caddy I would trade for a PSA 9 1960 or 1961 Koufax card! Heater nor the air conditioner work on this 5000 pound land shark. If you need 500 cubic inches and 11 mpg and have an extra Koufax here is your chance! Rick >>

Convertible?
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>also putting on a new roof for my dad this weekend material plus $600 labor >>

You're charging your dad? LOL >>

You've obviously never put on a roof. I did it for 13 years, and I wouldn't give Mother Theresea a freebie.
  • Options
    well its for my dad and step-mom and she has money,she pays me for all the work I do on her rentals
    set needs
    03/04 & 05/06 topps black
    72-77 topps baseball raw
    72-75 topps football raw
    any years santo,williams,banks,
    payton,butkus,sayers,piccalo,ditka,hampton
    wantlist

good transactions katscards,swartz1,packman,Salinas
  • Options
    Everything ends tonight.

Shane

• Options
    There is 15 minutes left and I am only at $615. Come on guys, BID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shane

• Options
    $903 imageimage

Shane