Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

PCGS Registry Set Collectors Counsil Update!

Looks like Mitch got himself "appointed" Registry Set King. Congrats Mitch! This changes nothing, the process of picking a Counsil will still take place as planned. A "Collectors" Counsil will still look at issues and give their ideas and opinions to PCGS. I will post the members that want to be on the counsil tonight. A vote will be planned and carried out.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

In God We Trust.... all others pay in Gold and Silver!

Comments

• Options
    Great effort so far, Spooly. Thanks for getting the process started. At this point, the Council has representation and PCGS recognition. And we even got Rick to make a post. Not bad for 24 hours worth of work.

Keith
    Keith ™

• Options
    Dog97Dog97 Posts: 7,875 ✭✭✭
    Didn't you guys read the other posts Keith & Spool? Don't you 2 get it? What part of the English language don't you understand?
    From Wondercoin:
    <<<This is Rick M.'s position on the council matter. This was just written to me 5 minutes ago by Rick M.

1. A council of "one guy"
    2. Nothing ever gets done in Committee
    3. Mitch: "you da man"
    4. good luck

Wondercoin.>>>>

From Registrycoin:

<<It hasn't worked for a collector, or even a group of collectors to approach Rick on registry issues. He hasn't the time to weed through the complaints and suggestions>>

In other words there is no council, Rick and PCGS doesn't want a council. If you continue to bother PCGS and Rick with your hair-brained ideas you will get the same response members claim they always get. NONE & NOTHING. Wondercoin is your point-of-contact. You heard the Prez; Mitch da man.

And as far as Rick's cameo appearence, just what in the heck DID he say? That you can't cheat? Geeze, I had finally figured that out after 3 days of flames & uproar. If he thought the council thing was important I'm sure he would have addressed that too.
    Change that we can believe in is that change which is 90% silver.
  • Options
    and don't the emperor's clothes look good ...

it's good to be the king ...

all for one and one for one ...
    My eBay Items

I love Ike dollars and all other dollar series !!!

I also love Major Circulation Strike Type Sets, clad Washingtons ('65 to '98) and key date coins !!!!!

If ignorance is bliss, shouldn't we have more happy people ??
  • Options
    dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dog, why is it that someone who seems to think clear also shoots AK's for fun? I am sure I see something different than you do, and when I find it I will let you know. If I ever get down your way (I live in Montana, so it would be a no small task), I will have to stop in to waste some lead with you.

I do think Spooly has the first sentence correct though.
    Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053
  • Options
    Dog,

I forgot to take English in college, so my uptake is a little slow. (true story)

That, and you know how stubborn we Texans can be. Expect dpoole to post any time.

Seriously, the best way for Mitch to present stuff to PCGS is for someone to give him that information. He may not want to have to figure all this stuff out on his own. What I took from his statement from Rick was that PCGS didn't want dozens of people badgering them on the same thing and that Mitch should be the point of contact. How Mitch gets his ideas is up to us.

Keith
    Keith ™

• Options
    It looks like we got exactly what we wanted! Representation! Thanks Spooly for spearheading this tremendous effort. You've got moxy.
    Now, as for you Dog97. Why all the negativity? You're bumming us out dude.

Rick M. had graciously, hat in hand, agreed to bring Mitch on board.

The Registry will be restored to its formal good and we can collectively take that well earned sigh of relief and move on to other topics.

• Options
    dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MM, you must have been watching a different movie. I think four or five people got what they wanted, and the rest of us got what we expected.
    Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053
  • Options
    Dog97Dog97 Posts: 7,875 ✭✭✭
    Well put dbldie55!! image

No negativity on my part ModMan! image

Now that we see the Big Picture we have 2 choices: Like it or leave it.

I choose to continue my enjoyment of my Registry Sets.
    Change that we can believe in is that change which is 90% silver.
  • Options
    It seems to me that a council of 4 or 5 to present ideas and positions to Mitch to present to PCGS is the way to go. This gives members more than one individual with which to talk, and there is a greater chance that all voices will be heard given the personality clashes we have here on the forum.

matt
    "the world is full of kings and queens, they blind your eyes and steal your dreams, it's Heaven and Hell"