Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Mitch: "you da man"

Even though you're the King of Clad I hope you keep in mind that there is more to the Set Registry than just High Grade Moderns. There are many other sets that have issues that need to be resolved. I hope you give them the same attention as your High Grade Moderns issues. Also grading issues in general. You're our man, don't let the Registry down!
Congrats & regards, D97
Change that we can believe in is that change which is 90% silver.

Comments

• Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dog97: I know we have done no business together, but my primary focus is 1932-date. Yes, clad takes up half of that time period, but I also presently have the largest inventory of high grade silver Washington Quarters anywhere. Well, since I really don't have any stong desire to sell most of these coins (and often decline "reasonable" offers), I dare say "collection" of quarters. In fact, I won't say "collection" just so you don't think I'm trying to "be one of the guys". image Wondercoin.
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    Dog97Dog97 Posts: 7,875 ✭✭✭
    I'm not talking about only quarters. There are approx. 100 other Registry Sets catagories consisting of other denominations preceding 1932. You have been tasked with quite a chore.
  • Options
    Observation:The more things change the more they stay the same.
    Jackie

Collecting Dollars
  • Options
    Dog,

Although Mitch's current business focus is on modern coins, I remember that he has bought a few Morgans in his past. Hopefully the idea of the advisory committee of Spooly's will help in that the membership will have a wide range of backgrounds to work with.

Keith
    Keith ™

• Options
    dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think that it will be very clear that the observation made by jmp81 are correct. So will we create that committee to communicate ideas to the PCGS appointed leader, or will the PCGS appointed leader now have a voice in what he feels is correct?
    Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053
  • Options
    and don't the emperor's clothes look good ...

it's good to be the king ...

all for one and one for one ...
    My eBay Items

I love Ike dollars and all other dollar series !!!

I also love Major Circulation Strike Type Sets, clad Washingtons ('65 to '98) and key date coins !!!!!

If ignorance is bliss, shouldn't we have more happy people ??
  • Options
    Come on guys! This is a new Democracy. Give Mitch a chance to settle into his new role as Registry Czar before flooding him with suggestions and improvements on bettering the Registry.

Besides, I think Mitch should open his agenda first to those who have Registries in the "All Time Finest" catagory. Once their concerns and issues are addressed then the rest of you, in order of your board membership coupled with your total Registry points (yes, your ability to participate will be "weighted" in the Registry tradition) will be given a voice. You'll get two minutes each.
  • Options
    ROFL...LOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLLOLOLOLL.....whew
  • Options
    FlashFlash Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭
    I still haven't seen any statement from Rick Montgomery to the rest of this forum regarding Mitch's appointment as "Registry *CENSORED*". The only clue I can find anywhere in these threads that this is the case is the remark to Wondercoin, supposedly from Rick, stating "you da man".

Regardless, I have to agree with Jmp81 that nothing is going to change, and having one single representative to PCGS is about as affective as having a one-person Congress to represent the people of the United States.
    Matt
  • Options
    Matt, that's quite a leap. I'd say there is a big difference between running this Country and having a rep for the Registry.
  • Options
    RegistryCoinRegistryCoin Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭✭
    ...and the nazi reference scores zero points...
  • Options
    At my work everybody calls me the "check nazi" because I control the checkbook. Its just a phrase and has nothing to do with certin dark moments of history. I find the title rather humorous. I have reworded my previous post with my apology.
    Matt
  • Options
    RegistryCoinRegistryCoin Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭✭
    Obviously you are not very sensitive at work. Thank you for being more understanding here.
  • Options
    Obviously not. Thats what they pay me for.
    Matt
  • Options
    Dog97Dog97 Posts: 7,875 ✭✭✭
    Mitch, I thought you were the man. I guess we'll find somebody else. I'm sorry I sucked up to you for nothing. #$%@ I hate when that happens!