Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

I have a decision to make! Please help me.

I have to sell off part of my football cards due to health issues. I have 2 Ladainian Tomlinson RC's. One, SPX first game jersey BGS 9.5 and two, SP Authentic Gold PSA 10. Which one is worth more and which card would you hang onto? Me personally I like the SP Authentic Gold. It is a sweet card, but i am having trouble making my decision. Can you help?
thank you

Comments

• Options
    baseballjeffbaseballjeff Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear about your conditions. I don't have any advice on what's worth more to sell, but I'd reccomend you to hang onto the one worth more. You may aswell have something to smile about later on! After all, it is just money!

Hang in there bro.
    Jeff
  • Options
    Thanks Jeff for giving me inspiration. It's always nice to hear or talk to people who care.

Sincerely

Tim
  • Options
    262Runner262Runner Posts: 606 ✭✭✭
    Tim,

Sorry to hear you are not feeling well. As much as we all love our collections, your health should always come first. If needed, sell both cards, take care of your health. The cards can be replaced at a later date. Before you sell, make sure to take some really good scans and use these scans for your computers wallpaper or background, get healthy then replace those cards.

Dave

Collecting all cards - Gus Zernial
    Post Cereal both raw and PSA Graded (1961-1963)

• Options
    rbdjr1rbdjr1 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭

At the end of the day, just some "expensive cardboard"

Take care of your health issues first ...

Godspeed to you Tim!

rd
  • Options
    thanks rd, dave and jeff for all the support. you guys make me think like i can see the light at the end of the tunnel.
    sincerely
    tim
  • Options
    FavreFan1971FavreFan1971 Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭
    Don't mean to sound like a piece of crap but do you all remember the guy on Ebay who was selling a PSA 9 Pete Rose 1973 last October?? In the auction he had a picture of a PGI card. And someone on this board won the card to save someone from getting screwed. This ERINSTUBBY is that guy. Below is the email trail from my friend Johnnycasco and Tim Mastin (Erin Stubby). I tried to find the orginal thread but could not.

So, when he says he has health issues I am calling Bull!

------------------------------------------------
    Read this bottom to top.

just give me time. it will be up there and if you bid you will buy or
    else be reported and there's not a damn thing you can do about it. how
    about a negative feedback that would do some good. your just as bad as
    that other a$$hole aren't you. (edited to be able to post on PSA)

Tim Mastin

--- erinstubby@netscape.com wrote:

>
    >
    > he shoots and scores.
    > Tim Mastin
    >
    > --- johnnycasco@yahoo.com wrote:
    >
    > From: Johnny Casco <johnnycasco@yahoo.com>
    > To: erinstubby@netscape.com
    > Subject: Re: psa rose that you had up on ebay.
    > Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 09:08:57 -0700 (PDT)
    >
    > OOOOO!! I see you got a negative feedback. The
    > buyer
    > has been in contact with us throughout the dispute
    > process and your emails. You have been a great
    > laugh
    > 98.4% feedback. Gonna be tough to sell with that
    > percentage.
    >
    > HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    >
    > You got busted!!
    >
    > --- erinstubby@netscape.com wrote:
    >
    > >
    > > read the auction. evidently you didn't. your
    > > threats mean nothing to me. go ahead and contact
    > > ebay. i already have about your threats and you
    > > have no right to contact other bidders cause
    > > evidently they can read unlike derilects like you.
    > > thanks for your concern.
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > --- johnnycasco@yahoo.com wrote:
    > >
    > > From: Johnny Casco <johnnycasco@yahoo.com>
    > > To: erinstubby@netscape.com
    > > Subject: psa rose that you had up on ebay.
    > > Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 17:25:16 -0700 (PDT)
    > >
    > > I was ready to pay for this item and then noticed
    > it
    > > really is not a PSA card. You said PSA in the
    > title
    > > and in the picture. You mislead me in the
    > auction.
    > > You listed this card here
    > >
    > >
    >
    http://cgi.ebay.com/1973-PETE-ROSE-130-PGI-10-PSA-Gradeable_W0QQitemZ330037639832QQihZ014QQcategoryZ55925QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
    > >
    > >
    > > and it did not sell.
    > >
    > > If you report me to ebay or attempt to offer this
    > > card
    > > again i will get you booted off of ebay. I have
    > > also
    > > contacted all the other bidders and told them not
    > to
    > > accept your 2nd chance offers.
    > >
    > > Consider yourself warned.
    > > Johnny
  • Options
    Forgot to add he changed his Ebay ID to johnny_casco to hide himself and to try and use johnnycasco's reputation.

I would stay far away from his auctions.
  • Options
    not trying to hide myself. i like the sound of that name so it stuck. you don't know anything about me so you have no right to judge. your friend just DOESN'T read descriptions, he is a sniper like alot of other people.

can you read this favre's a homo!
  • Options
    Need I say anymore.
  • Options

<< <i>not trying to hide myself. i like the sound of that name so it stuck. you don't know anything about me so you have no right to judge. your friend just DOESN'T read descriptions, he is a sniper like alot of other people.

can you read this favre's a homo! >>

Nice, why not defend yourself instead of name calling.
  • Options
    drop it! that is old news.
  • Options
    have you ever heard of having daughters?
  • Options
    handyman is probably a middle age bachelor, never been married, only plays with pics of cardboard for satisfaction. can't get a woman and his only friends are people on this board. handyman probabaly has a whole drawer of them. pedifle
  • Options
    you guys have turned my question into a joke.... handyman and favre just drop this nonsense, let's focus on why we are really on this board. stop the attacks now!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Nice one Handyman.

This guy expects help from us when he swindles people in the hobby he is asking help in.

Absolutly not! image
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭

<< <i>handyman is probably a middle age bachelor, never been married, only plays with pics of cardboard for satisfaction. can't get a woman and his only friends are people on this board. handyman probabaly has a whole drawer of them. pedifle >>

I see you got a E in English pedifle
  • Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    the only "attacking" here is being done by you.

you lost any/all/what little credibility you had once you started that....
  • Options
    carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭
    Just stick to selling your used panties image

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options
    SWIMSUITS
  • Options

<< <i>SWINSUITS >>

I know of a good Tech school where you can learn to type
  • Options
    I DON'T THINK IT SAYS ANYTHING ABOUT USED. I SEEM RECALL IT HAS TAGS. THAT'S WHY ALL THIS STARTED IN THE FIRST PLACE. SOME PEOPLE NEED GLASSES TO SEE, SOME NEED HOOKED ON PHONICS TO READ. I GUESS WE KNOW WHO THOSE PEOPLE ARE!

I FEEL SORRY FOR ILLITERATE PEOPLE.
  • Options
    This guy expects help from us when he swindles people in the hobby he is asking help in.

Absolutly not!

ABSOLUTELY HAS AN E IN IT.
  • Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,540 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Boring.....image
  • Options

<< <i>This guy expects help from us when he swindles people in the hobby he is asking help in.

Absolutly not!

ABSOLUTELY HAS AN E IN IT. >>

Yes it does, you must have signed up for the class before I did.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>SWINSUITS >>

I know of a good Tech school where you can learn to type >>

YOUR THE ONE WHO SAID THIS, NOT ME.
  • Options

<< <i>Boring.....image >>

It may be boring but I want to warn people that this guy is not on the up and up. I don't want another 80's junkie coming in and being friendly and screwing people.
  • Options
    bishopbishop Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭
    Had enough help or do you need more
    Topps Baseball-1948, 1951 to 2017
    Bowman Baseball -1948-1955
    Fleer Baseball-1923, 1959-2007

Al
  • Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,540 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Favre, did you really think I meant you when I typed boring?
  • Options

<< <i>Favre, did you really think I meant you when I typed boring? >>

I did, sorry about that. Email (Blogs) you can always be misunderstood.
  • Options

<< <i>not trying to hide myself. i like the sound of that name so it stuck. you don't know anything about me so you have no right to judge. your friend just DOESN'T read descriptions, he is a sniper like alot of other people.

can you read this favre's a homo! >>

Brilliant!! That kind of answer has me ready to send you cash for all the cards you're selling.

NOT.

• Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Tim

exactly what is your health issue?

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    brianwintersfanbrianwintersfan Posts: 3,626 ✭✭

<< <i>Tim

Steve >>

Little or no brain!
  • Options
  • Options

<< <i>Tim

Steve >>

STEVE,

I HAVE A SYNDROME CALLED GOODPASTURES. IT IS AN AUTO-IMMUNE DEFINCINCY IN WHICH ANTIBODIES ATTACK THE LINING OF MY KIDNEYS AND LUNGS. I HAVE TO GO 3 TIMES A WEEK TO DO PLASMAPHERICIOUS, WHICH FILTERS THE PLASMA IN THE BLOOD TO GET THE INFECTED PLASMA OUT OF MY BODY AND REPLENISH IT WITH GOOD PLASMA. I ALSO TAKE A HEALTHY DOES OF PREDNIZONE AS WELL AS ANTIBIOTICS IN WHICH THEY GAVE GIVE CANCER PATIENTS.. IT IS NOT A DEADLY DISEASE, BUT IT CAN BE UNLESS TREATED... I HAVE A SUPPORT GROUP FOR THIS AND THERE ARE PEOPLE IN THE GROUP WHO ARE THE TRANSPLANT LIST FOR KIDNEYS AND LUNGS. I GUESS I AM ONE OF THE LUCKY ONES THIS FAR. THEY DO BONE MARROW BIOPSY, LUNG BIOPSY AND KIDNEY BIOPSIES ON ME ONE A YEAR TO SEE HOW FAR THE SYNDROME HAS PROGRESSED.. THE WORST PART ABOUT IT IS IT IS A PAIN AND ANYONE WHO KNOWS WHAT IS LIKE TO HAVE A PORT IN THEIR CHEST AND A CHEST KNOWS IT IS NO FUN. I AM IN MY EARLY 30'S WITH A 2 YEAR OLD SON AND GOD BLESS HIM HE HAS BEEN TO MORE DR'S VISIT AND PROCEDURES THAN A NORMAL ADULT HAS BEEN THROUGH THEIR WHOLE LIFE...
    ON A LIGHTER NOTE, WHILE DOING ALL THEIR TESTING TO DIAGNOSE ME THEY FOUND OUT I HAVE FACTOR FIVE LEIDEN.. FACTOR FIVE LEIDEN CAUSES BLOOD CLOTS, WHICH I HAVE HAD MANY DVT'S AND PULMANARY EMBOLISM IN THE LAST COUPLE OF YEARS. I TAKE COUMADIN FOR LIFE AND GET PERIODIC HEPARIN INJECTIONS IN STOMACH WHEN I AM NOT THERAPUDIC. THE BAD THING ABOUT MY SITUATION IS THAT I HAVE THE HOMOZEGOUS GENE NOT THE HETERZEGOUS WHICH MAKES ME 80 TO 100 PERCENT OF DEVELOPING BLOOD CLOTS AS OPPOSED TO 20%. I HAVE SINCE HAD A GREENFIELD FILTER PLACED IN MY VENA CAVA TO STOP BLOOD CLOTS FROM TRAVELLING FROM MY LEGS TO MY LUNGS.
    I STAY POSITIVE AND NOW LIVE MY LIFE FOR MY SON AND WIFE. EVERYDAY THAT GOES BY COULD BE YOUR LAST.
    TIM
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Tim

Steve >>

Little or no brain! >>

KEEP THEM COMING
  • Options
    carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭
    have you ever heard of having daughters?

LIVE MY LIFE FOR MY SON AND WIFE

Trying to keep it all straight....must get bigger shovel.

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options

<< <i>have you ever heard of having daughters?

Trying to keep it all straight....must get bigger shovel. >>

Once a bs artist always a bs artist.
    Just go away!
  • Options
    Tim,

I had a medaport myself four years ago for Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma. The port is a life saver rather than a crutch. Can you imagine your blood vessels without it? I got stuck in the hospital for a week with a neutrapenic (spelling?) fever. They popped my port a good 50+ times in 7 days. Trust me, I would have tracklines without it.

You should ask your doctor to try Deltazone (Generic for your steroid) and Warfrin (Generic for your blood thinner). They are significantly cheaper and would save a few bucks at Walgreens.

I had a 6 month old daughter when I was diagnosed. She is now 5 and I cherish every moment. I also put my head on straight when I got sick. I would hope you will do the same.

BTW for the rest of the board I had my 3 year and 9 month check up on Tuesday. Clean as a whistle but I put on some weight.
  • Options
    THEY ARE STEPDAUGHERS AND THIS MIGHT SOUND SHALLOW BUT IT IS SPECIAL AS HAVING YOUR OWN. EVERYONE OUT THEIR WHO HAS STEPCHILDREN AND BIOLOGICAL CHILDREN KNOWS THAT THERE IS A DIFFERENCE.
  • Options

<< <i>

Just go away! >>

YOU JUST DON'T HAVE ANY CLUE WHAT I HAVE BEEN THROUGH. TO ME IT SOUNDS LIKE YOU HAVE NO HEART. THAT IS FINE, BUT DON'T CRITICIZE THOSE WHO DO.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Just go away! >>

YOU JUST DON'T HAVE ANY CLUE WHAT I HAVE BEEN THROUGH. TO ME IT SOUNDS LIKE YOU HAVE NO HEART. THAT IS FINE, BUT DON'T CRITICIZE THOSE WHO DO. >>

Blah, Blah, Blah!
  • Options
    JasP24JasP24 Posts: 4,645 ✭✭✭
    erinstubby,

I sent you an e-mail and a PM concerning a pending transaction that has been pending for a couple of weeks now. Please get back with me ASAP so we can wrap it up and I can ship your packaged and ready cards.

Thanks,
    Jason
    I'm here to question, not to inspire or build up. To live how I want, as I see fit,
    according to my values and my needs. Nothing holds dominion over me, I stand alone as the ruler of my life.
  • Options

<< <i>I have to sell off part of my football cards due to health issues. I have 2 Ladainian Tomlinson RC's. One, SPX first game jersey BGS 9.5 and two, SP Authentic Gold PSA 10. Which one is worth more and which card would you hang onto? Me personally I like the SP Authentic Gold. It is a sweet card, but i am having trouble making my decision. Can you help?
    thank you >>

Yet you have been buying cards left and right so how can money be an issue?? Plus I like your quick turnaround on that 1982 Fleer Pete Rose. Bought it from 4SC for $20 and now you are trying to sell it for $120!
  • Options
    Next MONTH? So he's saying that if he wins, the best-case scenario is that he'll be paying for it two weeks after the auction ends?

Forget blocking him; find out where he lives and go punch him in the nuts. --WalterSobchak 9/12/12

Looking for Al Hrabosky and any OPC Dave Campbells (the ESPN guy)
  • Options
    MorrellManMorrellMan Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I have to sell off part of my football cards due to health issues. I have 2 Ladainian Tomlinson RC's. One, SPX first game jersey BGS 9.5 and two, SP Authentic Gold PSA 10. Which one is worth more and which card would you hang onto? Me personally I like the SP Authentic Gold. It is a sweet card, but i am having trouble making my decision. Can you help?
    thank you
    image >>

After discovering this loser in this thread, I came across this crock. Trying to choose which $400 card to sell for health reasons? What kind of health reason will be resolved with $400? However, I figured I'd hold back my cynicsm to see if I was the only one. Clearly, I'm not. There are good people on this board who don't deserve to be subjected to to this kind of crap. Hopefully, he'll just go away like all the other slugs who've tried to weasel in here.
    Mark (amerbbcards)

"All evil needs to triumph is for good men to do nothing."
  • Options
    drewsefdrewsef Posts: 1,894 ✭✭
    nice work there favrefan1971
  • Options
    Glad I could be of service. We are all a team here.

• Options

<< <i>handyman is probably a middle age bachelor, never been married, only plays with pics of cardboard for satisfaction. can't get a woman and his only friends are people on this board. handyman probabaly has a whole drawer of them. pedifle >>

Great way to make friends on the boards here Tim.

I see you Largent set is for sale, good luck with that image

joe
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    FavreFan is one of the good guys on this board. No surprise here how this thread turned out.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.