Home Sports Talk
Options

Pats marquise hill missing in lake

jimq112jimq112 Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭
ESPN

Marquise Hill was involved in a jetski accident last nite and hasn't been seen since floating away. They recently revised their efforts from rescue to recovery. Prayers to his family and friends image

Comments

• Options
    they found his body.

Neither he nor the woman he was with had a life jacket on. He'd be alive today if he was wearing one.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,516 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awful news
  • Options
    Brian48Brian48 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭

<< <i>they found his body.

Neither he nor the woman he was with had a life jacket on. He'd be alive today if he was wearing one. >>

Yep. First thing that came to my mind as soon as I heard the news. How friggin' difficult is it to take 30 seconds to put one of those things on? It's not only mandatory in many states, it's just absolute common sense.
  • Options
    oh yeah, the woman COULDNT SWIM....so he saves her apparently then drowns.
  • Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭

<< <i>oh yeah, the woman COULDNT SWIM....so he saves her apparently then drowns. >>

come on, i doubt either of them could swim..
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    MichiganMichigan Posts: 4,942
    Some people don't like to wear life jackets because they feel uncomfortable and "look dorky". Some people
    in a power boat will "sit" on the life jacket and figure they can just grab it if needed - another dumb thing
    to do, things can happen so quickly you may not have time to grab it.
  • Options
    SoFLPhillyFanSoFLPhillyFan Posts: 3,931 ✭✭
    Not wearing a vest on a boat (adults only) is one thing.

Now wearing a vest while operating a personal watercraft is inviting catastrophe.

The best swimmers can be injured while on jetskis and waverunners to the point that swimming is impossible. A properly worn and fastened vest in this case is the lifesaver.

As for Hill I read a comment from one of his friends that he could swim. Think it was in the New Orleans paper.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,516 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok lets not monday morning quarterback this anymore, the man is dead and he drowned trying to save a woman. How many of us drive around at times without a seatbelt? Accidents do happen unfortunately
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>How many of us drive around at times without a seatbelt? >>

Never, not even around the block.

And they saved me and my familes' lives on an icy road in Canada a couple winters ago. You never know when you will need them.