Home Sports Talk
Options

2007 College World Series

Top 8 seeds in order. Vandy,Rice, UNC,Texas, AZ st,fsu,Arkansas,San Diego. Any college baseball fans here?

Comments

• Options
    GootGoot Posts: 3,496
    Guess not. lol. What a shame.
  • Options
    AkbarCloneAkbarClone Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭
    Guess again, lol.

I like college baseball more than the Major Leagues.

My only problem with the first round brackets are that they threw my college I graduated from and my hometown college team into the same opening regional. I root for both of them all year long, and now they have to play each other. DOH!
    I collect Vintage Cards, Commemorative Sets, and way too many vintage and modern player collections in Baseball (180 players), Football (175 players), and Basketball (87 players). Also have a Dallas Cowboy team collection.
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Guess not. lol. What a shame. >>

I'm originally from Omaha, so always had an interest in the CWS.

I usually catch a few of the final games on ESPN. Both Nebraska and Crieghton are in the tournament and in different brackets, so it would be neat if both made it to the CWS. I was also hoping UConn would upset Rutgers to get into the field of 64, but thier 9th inning rally came up one run short.
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭
    i'll take texas!!!!

we don't get much coverage until the final rounds
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    Yeah, that is what is horribe about the media and college baseball. I'm lucky enough to live near the team and college where my sister goes (Stetson). I don't understand what the medias problem with college baseball is. While I love the MLB, these guys actually run out every play, show some sort of passion, and actually genuinely care about their teammates. I was at all 10 games of the Asun tournament this year as I have been every year for the past 3 years and even if the guy sacrificed a runner to second EVERY player in the dug out stood up to hi five him. Maybe it's the aluminum bats but it's a shame it doesn't get more attention. But maybe that's for the best since I'm one of the few that get to watch great baseball in February while everyone else is waiting for Spring Training.
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    CSUF didn't make the series this year? I have not seen the brackets

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    Cal St. Fullerton is the 2 seed in the San Diego regional.
  • Options
    Go Titans... I did not check the brackets and would have been surprised if they were not in.

• Options
    MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    Go Okie State! I am actually watching ESPN every time that girl from Tennesse pitches. She has already thrown 2 no hitters in the post season.
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • Options
    While no hitters are always tough, a no hitter in softball is much easier than in baseaball. Still an impressive feat though.
  • Options
    Go Titans...image