Home Sports Talk
Options

Indians Vs. Red Sox... 3 game series... starts TONIGHT!

both are pretty hot, both are division leaders... As a tribe fan i was impressed that they handled Detroit this well. A lot of credit to their starters who have gone deep into the games and given a somewhat shaky pen some rest.

tonights matchup pits my least favorite Tribe starter (cliff lee) still recovering and only pitched 5 games this year.. against a recently shaky Curt Schilling (his past 3 starts have been ugly)

tommorow night they have Beckett followed by Dice K. In preparation I have sacrificed a goat, a chicken and ripped the head off of a J.D. drew starting lineup.

Soon I will be off the to church to light some candles and pray that Travis Hafner heats up for this series and Casey Blake continues his history of solid hitting in Fenway.

Amen.

Comments

• Options
    TheVonTheVon Posts: 2,725
    I was supposed to make the trip from Northern California to Fenway for tonight and tomorrow night's games . . . I had the tickets and everything. But then life happened and we decided it wasn't a good time to travel for us and so I had to sell my tickets on eBay. image When I bought the tickets I thought this series would be a lot of fun to watch and I still think it will be. Your Indians team has a lot of exciting young player.
  • Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    I might end up with 4 great tix for Thursday nite's game at The Jake.

If the people I plan on asking (IF I get the tix) can't go.....would anyone here be interested in meeting at the Feller Statue?
  • Options
    alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭
    Hey Goose, are you from the area?? I'm out Parma way....can't make the game Thursday but I plan to go down a number of times this summer....my son is in 7th grade and they went to the day game when Santana lost to Carmona...it was a great game. I hope they keep going.....so far the pitching is holding up and the bullpen except for Cabrera looks good...and he even started out good....
  • Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    I'm down near Mansfield.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Red Sox 1 Tribe 0 image
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Soon I will be off the to church to light some candles and pray that Travis Hafner heats up for this series and . >>

4 K's. God must be a Red Sox fan.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Soon I will be off the to church to light some candles and pray that Travis Hafner heats up for this series and . >>

4 K's. God must be a Red Sox fan. >>

• Options
    Im heartened by the fact that the Tribe fought hard the whole game.. and they hit Papelbon fairly hard. Sox bullpen was iffy tonight as was Willy Blow's fielding. Im still puzzled by the Blake atbat in the 9th. If he's swinging, and its a strike out, the catcher didnt catch the ball; they would have had to throw the ball to first to record the out.

OH.. God clearly isn't a sox fan. He got tired of all the whining and crying and finally caved in 04'
  • Options
    Red Sox 2 Tribe 0 image
  • Options
    Red Sox 2 Tribe 1 image
  • Options
    I was hoping for 2 out of 3, but we still have 3 games at the Jake. Too bad Sabathia didnt get a chance to pitch image

go figure, they crush Dice K.... Hopefully Hafner and Sizemore can keep up the hotting from tonight.
  • Options
    Thanks, Indians.

"The answer was in the Patriots eyes. Gone were the swagger and c0ck sure smirks, replaced by downcast eyes and heads in hands. For his poise and leadership Eli Manning was named the game's MVP. The 2007 Giants were never perfect nor meant to be. They were fighters, scrappers....now they could be called something else, World Champions."
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭

<< <i>Thanks, Indians. >>

For what, losing 2 out of 3?

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Thanks, Indians. >>

For what, losing 2 out of 3? >>

• Options
    "Thanks, Indians. "

...um. thanks! LOL

they showed up, played hard; none of the losses were blowouts. I think we match up pretty well with the Sox. Indians bullpen is much improved this year.