Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

MS68 State Quarter Prices from eBay today

Thought some of you might like a little diversion. There were 3 2001 MS68 State Quarters that closed on eBay today. I tracked them just to see what they would close at.

2001 D Rhode Island $890.76
2001 P New York $381.00
2001 P Vermont $204.00

What do you think?

Greg

Comments

• Options
    Greg,

Is a coin topic allowed? image

Don't know on the other two, but a NY-P traded at $625 on the 19th on Teletrade, so that doesn't bode well there. Do you know what the last Rhode Island sold for in that grade?

Keith
    Keith ™

• Options
    When the Pop was 1, the man that owned it made another one and sold his original one for $4000 to a dealer. ( Pop Report was still showing 1 at the time of the sale) The dealer turned around and sold it for $5000. The Pop Report now says that there are 4 RI-D in MS68 but this same man that had the very first MS68 RI-D just offered to sell me one because he made 2 more RI-D in MS68. So we know that the Pop report is wrong again and that there are at least 6 RI-D in MS68 and maybe more. The total number slabbed is also low so as more pieces are slabbed I am sure that the Pop will increase. Another reason that these might drop in price is the weighting system. The RI-D only carries a weight of 1 while a GA-P in MS67 has a weight of 4.