Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Low-grade fans: There are now Registry sets for us!!

DennisHDennisH Posts: 13,963 ✭✭✭✭✭
PCGS appears to have just started a new category today for low-end sets; check it out:

Low Ball Registry sets
When in doubt, don't.

Comments

• Options
    tradedollarnuttradedollarnut Posts: 20,147 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's awesome... and a lot of fun I bet!
  • Options
    I've owned a lot of coins and had fun buying many of them, but nothing comes even remotely close to the number of grins and giggles I've gotten from doing my low-end sets. image

Plus they're cheap!
    When in doubt, don't.
  • Options
    STONESTONE Posts: 15,275
    That's going to be a neat set to watch for.
  • Options
    ColorfulcoinsColorfulcoins Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭
    Hmmmmm.......think I should jump in? Here's my set rating:

Pocket Piece 2.10 83.21% 01.56 Pocket Piece Registry Set

I think it would be EXTREMELY difficult to knock me out of 1st (er, last) place. An 83% complete set with a 1.56 average grade is tough to beat. Hey, I wonder if this set might actually qualify for an award this year? Wouldn't that be an absolute hoot!
    Craig
    If I had it my way, stupidity would be painful!
  • Options
    ColorfulcoinsColorfulcoins Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭
    The REAL treat will be when PCGS calculates the LOWEST possible set rating. They currently show the highest possible set rating. Be interesting just how LOW one can GO. image

How about a nice slick 1797 Large cent for your viewing (pleasure?), PO01 of course!

Craig
    If I had it my way, stupidity would be painful!
  • Options
    Craig:

In this end of the collecting pool you are The Man, and I tip my cap to you with great admiration.

Your set is incredible and if this isn't already a low-ball set registry category, be sure to contact BJ and ask her to create one.
    When in doubt, don't.
  • Options
    LeeBoneLeeBone Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭✭✭
    image Idea image
  • Options
    etexmikeetexmike Posts: 6,795 ✭✭✭
    Craig,

I just took a look at your set.

What a great bunch of coins you have put together.

You seem to be a little high in the Gold $1 category. Need a little work there. image

-------------

etexmike
  • Options
    sonoranmonsoonsonoranmonsoon Posts: 2,078 ✭✭
    Those sets are going to be very fun to watch. It is going to be amusing to see how poeple downgrade their coins to fight for the top spot.
  • Options
    sonofagunksonofagunk Posts: 1,349 ✭✭
    So should the people with the "real" top sets register them in the Lowball area and be the lowballs of the lowballs?
  • Options
    ajiaajia Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭
    You have a forbidden word in your message post. Please click the back button in your browser and remove this word from your post. The words that are forbidden are highlighted for you.

So should the people with the "real" top sets register them in the Lowball area and be the lowballs of the lowballs? sonof@gunk, just as with any new registry set, all sets will eventually fall where they belong. Should Colorfulcoins not register his Pocket Piece coins in the regular registry set because they're too low?
  • Options
    garsmithgarsmith Posts: 5,894 ✭✭
    There might be more competition with these than with the high grade sets! I can see it now "PCGS grades just in, I'm cracking em out and rubbing them a little bit more. Still trying for that 01" image