Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Thoughts on autograph registry sets

All,

What are your thoughts on my note to Joe Orlando, suggesting that PSA grade both the card and the autograph (such as BGS does....blasphemy...) and tying the autograph grade into the registry set GPA. Just a thought...let me know what you think.

3. Off topic, but I'd really like if PSA would follow BGS's lead (I can't believe I'm saying this...) and start assigning a dual grade for autographed cards...one for the card condition and the second for the autograph condition. In addition, the grade to be used in the HOF autograph registry set should be the autograph's grade...not the card's grade. Otherwise, the GPA is skewed as it is no reflection of the quality of the autograph (which is what really matters when collecting autographs). On the other hand, you could compute the GPA on a hybrid basis based upon both the condition of the card and condition of the autograph. That would be interesting.

Regards,

Greg M.
Collecting vintage auto'd fb cards and Dan Marino cards!!

References:
Onlychild, Ahmanfan, fabfrank, wufdude, jradke, Reese, Jasp, thenavarro
E-Bay id: greg_n_meg

Comments

• Options
    I would prefer if PSA gave a dual grade for the card and autograph. If not that than some type of autograph only grade. I think though that PSA is more concerned with authenticity rather than autograph quality. I know when I buy an autograph card, that a look to see how the signature presents itself.
    Baseball is my Pastime, Football is my Passion