Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

OK, So how do we vote on who will be on the counsel: OPEN DEBATE/IDEAS

Okay here is an idea. After the nominees are in, we can print out a ballot from the forum and mail it to a trusted forum member. I think that this "hard-count" would prevent Trollers from fraudulant voting. We would need to sign our forum name on the ballot. I would also suggest that a member must have made a certain number of posts before being allowed to vote, say 200? This would keep trollers from registering many forum names to secure votes for their amusement or atleast make the earn the votesimageA flaw with this is that we may have some honest members who simply dont post that much and I wouldnt want to exclude them, but it may be the only way to fight the trolls. I do believe that if it is done online it won't be legitimate. Is this over the top? Your ideas PLEASE!
Marshall

Comments

• Options
    It's not easy anymore for Trolls to register. Each registrant must have a valid email address their password is then sent to. Once the New Member receives that password he can then change it to what he wants it to be.

It's a new system and it should slow down multiple users with different handles.

Plus, who is going to take the time to slightly distort your vote anyway?
  • Options
    How about sending a PM VOTE to ONE member who calcultes the votes, that would probably work.
    Marshall
  • Options
    thinking on the idea, perhaps a list of 20 or so people should be gathered(by petition, or voting) then let CU have the "final cut"

dan
    image It's Her's
  • Options
    We need an honest, trustworth member, we will all send our votes to him/her via e-mail or private message, and he/she will give us the results.

• Options
    I REALLY THINK THAT PUTTING A RESTRICTION OF 200 POSTINGGS WOULD REALLY BE THE WRONG THING TO DO. EVEN THOUGH I HAVE JUST RECENTLY JOINED THIS FORUM I WOULD THINK THAT MY BELONGING TO IT AND THE FACT THAT I DO HAVE SETS ON THE REGISTRY GIVE ME AS MUCH RIGHT TO VOTE AS A PERSON WHO HAS TIME TO SIT AND POST 200 THREADS. SO BETTER COME UP WITH A BETTER IDEA BEFORE SOMEONE HAS THEIR TOES STEPPED ON. OR AS THE SAYING GOES "DON'T TREAD ON ME"
    RPA/PEACEKEEPER
  • Options
    I THINK THOSE MEMBERS WHO HAVE A REGISTRY IN THE TOP FIVE ALL-TIME FINEST SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO VOTE TWICE- THEIR VOTES SHOULD COUNT MORE THAN ALL THE REST OF YOU!

VOTES SHOULD ALSO BE "WEIGHTED", JUST LIKE REGISTRY COINS ARE.
    (Caps dedicated to PEACEKEEPER)
  • Options
    Okay that was funny MM, I'll give you that.
    Marshall
  • Options
    FlashFlash Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭
    The voting could be set up as a "Pole", since users are only allowed to vote once in a pole and everyone will be able to see the results. The trick will be deciding who's name ends up on the pole.
    Matt
  • Options
    A little bit off subject.......

"PEACEKEPPER" did you accidently hit the caps lock when you were 3 yrs. old and have never figured out how to undo it?

Help is availible for people like you.....

edited 01/02/2002 11:15 PM, accidently hit caps lock.