Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Cards that Arch and PSA

I sold a couple of 86 Topps Traded sets recently. The buyer opened the sets to checkout the Bonds cards. The cards had never been removed from the box, and over time developed an 'arch.' By this I mean that if placed face up on a table the top and bottom of the card would touch the table with the middle section arching off of the surface.

How does PSA handle this? Should cards be 'flattened' (is that a word?) prior to submission?

Any body with any ideas on this?

Thanks

btw I am NOT submitting Bonds traded cards, just using that as an example.
Where have you gone Dave Vargha
CU turns its lonely eyes to you
What's the you say, Mrs Robinson
Vargha bucks have left and gone away?

hey hey hey
hey hey hey

Comments

• carkimcarkim Posts: 1,166 ✭✭
    Once in a flex holder it should be OK as long as the card doesn't crease. This happened to me once and I still got a PSA 9 on the card.

Carlos
  • carkimcarkim Posts: 1,166 ✭✭
    I should also mention that my card did NOT crease and it looks great in the PSA 9 holder.
  • PSA, I recently was contacted by woman whose husband had died and left boxes of cards she found when going thru his effects in cleaning out attic. By boxes I thought she meant big corregated cardboard boxes. Actually, these cards were packed in their original 1956 topps cardboard boxes. Apparently, some time ago, he bought wax boxes and opened packs, and stored cards in original boxes. All cards were in pristine condition, but all were arched. After buying all of them, I sent in the well-centered ones in for grading. 95% came back as PSA 8's, the rest were 9's and a few 7's. I also have hand-collated 1982 set and they too are arched. This is natural tendency of the old cardboard cards. As carkim says, the holders will flatten the cards out naturally without harm. Jim
    building 1956 Topps PSA 8/9