Home Sports Talk
Options

2011 Super Bowl to be played in Cowboys new stadium

The NFL yesterday announced that Dallas will get the 2011 Super Bowl to be played in their new stadium. Dallas was chosen over Indianapolis and Glendale, Arizona who also submitted bids. Jerry Jones said the crowd at the Super Bowl could number as much as 120,000.

Comments

• Options
    SciotoScioto Posts: 955
    Any idea who Dallas will be playing? image

image - Go Cowboys!
    GO AHEAD! I DOUBLE-DOG DARE YOU TO RATE ME A 1!
  • Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭
    You have to give it to the city which just fleeced the taxpayers for a new stadium. I think it's a rule for Super Bowls and MLB All-Star Games.
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    <<< 2011 Super Bowl to be played in Cowboys new stadium >>>

The Dallas Cowboys suck!
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>You have to give it to the city which just fleeced the taxpayers for a new stadium. I think it's a rule for Super Bowls and MLB All-Star Games. >>

Specifically the taxpayers of Arlington, a short drive from Dallas.

Hence why you see the location being referred to as the "North Texas" Super Bowl.

<< <i>The Arlington Cowboys suck! >>

Fixed and image

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>You have to give it to the city which just fleeced the taxpayers for a new stadium. I think it's a rule for Super Bowls and MLB All-Star Games. >>

Specifically the taxpayers of Arlington, a short drive from Dallas.

Hence why you see the location being referred to as the "North Texas" Super Bowl.

<< <i>The Arlington Cowboys suck! >>

Fixed and image

image >>

The day before it opens I hope there's a local earthquake and the stadium gets swallowed up by the earth never to be seen again, and I hope Jerry Jones is the only person in the stadium at that time. image
  • Options
    kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    The day before it opens I hope there's a local earthquake and the stadium gets swallowed up by the earth never to be seen again, and I hope Jerry Jones is the only person in the stadium at that time.

come on stevek i no you want to add a certain # 81 to that quote image
  • Options

<< <i>The day before it opens I hope there's a local earthquake and the stadium gets swallowed up by the earth never to be seen again, and I hope Jerry Jones is the only person in the stadium at that time.

come on stevek i no you want to add a certain # 81 to that quote image >>

Dam - How could I forget my "favorite player" TO? LOL
  • Options
    MichiganMichigan Posts: 4,942
    This new Cowboys stadium is supposed to be pretty amazing. I suspect there will be some "stadium envy" issues with certain owners
    who will want to upgrade their facilities after seeing it.
  • Options

<< <i>This new Cowboys stadium is supposed to be pretty amazing. I suspect there will be some "stadium envy" issues with certain owners
    who will want to upgrade their facilities after seeing it. >>

He's just attempting to upstage Houston's Reliant Park.

Park Location

Too bad it's smack dab in the middle of nowhere and people will have a long commute to the stadium. Bet you there will be issues with who the real host city is... There's Dallas, Ft. Worth, AND Arlington.

Pull them out fellas and see who's is bigger image
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>This new Cowboys stadium is supposed to be pretty amazing. I suspect there will be some "stadium envy" issues with certain owners
    who will want to upgrade their facilities after seeing it. >>

He's just attempting to upstage Houston's Reliant Park.

Park Location

Too bad it's smack dab in the middle of nowhere and people will have a long commute to the stadium. Bet you there will be issues with who the real host city is... There's Dallas, Ft. Worth, AND Arlington.

Pull them out fellas and see who's is bigger image >>

I've read reports of Jerry Jones in a room full of naked cheerleaders and it was less than an inch.
  • Options

<< <i>I've read reports of Jerry Jones in a room full of naked cheerleaders and it was less than a centimeter. >>