Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Does PSA grade 1965 Topps Gilligan's Island cards?

I'm certain I've seen some of these cards PSA-graded before... Can anyone provide me with a definitive answer?

Comments

• Options
    Wouldn't you love to see Ginger wearing a psa 10?image

wayne
    1955 Bowman Football
  • Options
    yes, PSA grades non-sport cards. In fact it is becoming more popular.

as for Ginger wearing a PSA 10, I'd rather her unslabbed, in other words, raw!
    THE FLOGGINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES
  • Options
    theBobstheBobs Posts: 1,136 ✭✭
    I knew the 'raw' comment was coming. Er...

At any rate, I'd take Mary Ann, even with a ST qualifier. Er...

Apologies...
    Where have you gone Dave Vargha
    CU turns its lonely eyes to you
    What's the you say, Mrs Robinson
    Vargha bucks have left and gone away?

hey hey hey
    hey hey hey
  • Options
    I've always thought that Mary Ann was the better looking of the two. She hasn't changed with age. In today's terms I'd give Ginger a PSA 5 and Mary Ann a PSA 9. I have no direct knowledge whether or not they are OC or off centered. I'd leave that to the professionals.

I've always thought that the Skipper was with Ginger, Gilligan with Mary Ann and the Professor was looking for a way to offset his nervous energy.

As for Mr. Howell and Mrs. Howell, you'll have to wait for the video to come out.

As for a professional grader on this bunch, I'm still looking for someone to take a look at my ALF collection. Doesn't seem to be an interest there. I still have the doll!

Dale
    1st Finest Set - 1981 Baseball Fleer Basic - Retired
    1st Finest Set - 1981 Baseball Fleer Master - Retired
    1st Finest Set - 1955 Baseball Golden Stamps - Cleveland Indians - Retired
    1st Finest Set - Mel Harder Baseball Master - Active
    Mel Harder Showcase Set - Active
    #15 on Current Set Registry - 1972 Topps Baseball - Retired
    #23 on All Time Set Registry - 1972 Topps Baseball - Retired
  • Options
    yes, I see what you're saying, however a PSA 9 mint is one that is essentially untouched, whereas a PSA 5 welcomes being handled and certainly fullfills a collector's needs. err........
  • Options
    acowaacowa Posts: 945 ✭✭
    Can't wait til the Gilligans Island cards hit the registry.

Regards,

Alan
  • Options
    Is there any sort of population report available for this set? The majority of the cards I've seen from this set haven't been in the greatest of conditions...
  • Options
    Jimmy,

there have been 498 cards graded, one of which was a PSA 10!! Talk about bragging rights.

• Options

<< <i>Jimmy,

there have been 498 cards graded, one of which was a PSA 10!! Talk about bragging rights. >>

Very nice... I haven't seen any that would be even close to that! If you don't mind, what's the most popular grade? 4-5?