Home Sports Talk

Len Bias and the Celtics

It seems like the team never recovered from that horrible tragedy. He was going to be the foundation on which they built the team
for the future wasent' he?

Comments

• a lot of what if's

maybe he plays 10 great years.. maybe he blows out a knee the first round.

PLENTY of mistakes since then, bad coaching, lousy management, poor draft choices. the real nail in the coffin was when the celts missed out on the chance to pick Tim duncan. things would be much different.
  • RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    PLENTY of mistakes since then,

Plenty of bad jokes as well, please Pm if interested
  • jad22jad22 Posts: 535 ✭✭
    Len Bias, Reggie Lewis, Duncan...
  • baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭
    hopefully those demons get exercised tonight!!! i hope it's 1 or 2 and we don't drop
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It wasn't just the two of them dying, it was the rest of the league pressuring Stern to make them count towards the cap. Insult to injury.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,475 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>It wasn't just the two of them dying, it was the rest of the league pressuring Stern to make them count towards the cap. Insult to injury. >>

You gotta be kidding -- thier salaries counted toward the cap? That's just not right.
  • Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This seems to be the best of the stories about the salary cap and the deaths left ... crazy, but true

deaths without salary cap relief
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • DirtyHarryDirtyHarry Posts: 1,914 ✭✭
    Unfortunate situation. There is no reason to think the Celtics would be the dominant force in the game again if he had not passed. Why?
    "A man's got to know his limitations...." Dirty Harry

Unfocused, impulsive collector of everything ...
  • GarabaldiGarabaldi Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭
    I remember hearing about him passing on the bus going to school.
  • incredible player, len bias.
    Beyond 1971 topps mid grade stars and commons, I'm always looking for collector-quality spears, tips, and arrowheads
  • ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,475 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting thread resurrection. Looks like they finally recovered in 2008.
  • 28th anniversary of his death.
  • MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭

<< <i>28th anniversary of his death. >>

On the Celtics, he probably would still be playing.