Home Sports Talk
Options

Who's dumber? Michael Vick or Clinton Portis?

kcballboykcballboy Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭
Michael Vick - Claims he has no idea that of illegal dog fights on his property, yet there may even be pictures of him at said dog fights.

Clinton Portis - It's no big deal. It's just some dogs fighting. Michael Vick is the victim here. People should mind their own business and leave him alone.

I personally think Portis has ventured into the Tim Hardaway "I hate gay people" realm of stupid.
Travis

Comments

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It might be Charles Barkley. He's done this at least a few times that I saw - he would be interviewed by a reporter and asked to respond to his own quotes, and Barkley would deny having said it, despite the fact that the quote was IN HIS BOOK! LOL

Barkley would then say that whoever cowrote the book just threw that quote in there, but then I'd see the reporter ask the cowriter who said he had Barkley on tape making those statements. LOL
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,533 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vick is a dirtbag, and Portis should keep his ghetto mouth shut
  • Options
    dirtmonkeydirtmonkey Posts: 3,048 ✭✭

<< <i>Who's dumber? Michael Vick or Clinton Portis? >>

Wouldn't this be comparing apples to apples? Rotten apples that is.
  • Options
    one is stupid, the other is ignorant. both are dumbasses image
  • Options
    MichiganMichigan Posts: 4,942
    The Clinton Portis comments would be good fodder for an anti-dog fighting ad on Animal Planet as an example of ignorant and stupid
    attitudes.
  • Options
    BunkerBunker Posts: 3,926
    I saw a clip of that and when the reporter asked Vick if he thought he would be exonerated I honestly don’t think he knew what that meant. I thought these guys graduated from college?

I also agree that Portis is an idiot especially when the reporter told him that dog fighting was a felony and he still made wise cracks and said that people should mind thier own business.

My daughter was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at the age of 2 (2003). My son was diagnosed with Type 1 when he was 17 on December 31, 2009. We were stunned that another child of ours had been diagnosed. Please, if you don't have a favorite charity, consider giving to the JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation)

JDRF Donation
  • Options
    jad22jad22 Posts: 535 ✭✭
    Ron Mexico, that is all I have to write. The guy is scum and it overrated as a quarterback
  • Options
    BunkerBunker Posts: 3,926
    For those that missed it here is a clip.

Portis comments

Vicks "Exonerated" clip

Vick is an idiot and I hope that I see him working in a carwash somewhere in the near future (The Vick clip is not loading properly, but if you watch the Portis clip you can click the Vick clip from that video)

My daughter was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at the age of 2 (2003). My son was diagnosed with Type 1 when he was 17 on December 31, 2009. We were stunned that another child of ours had been diagnosed. Please, if you don't have a favorite charity, consider giving to the JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation)

JDRF Donation
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭
    could it be both if their sharing a brain????
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,533 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lets re-visit an old but familiar saying.....

You can take him out of the ghetto but you cant take the ghetto out of him.
  • Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭
    Of course, as is typical of people talking stupidly, Portis is trying to take it back. From the end of the linked article:

Hours after making light of the possible crime in the television interview, Portis issued a statement late Monday through the Redskins.

"In the recent interview I gave concerning dog fighting, I want to make it clear I do not take part in dog fighting or condone dog fighting in any manner," the statement said.

Face it. You meant what you said the first time and are just trying to save face after you realized how many people you turned against you. You say it's "no big deal" and then you claim you don't condone it? Nice doublespeak.
  • Options
    Vick is still the bigger idiot by a landslide for actually being involved in dog fighting and all the other crap he's done. I try to give Portis the benefit of the doubt and think he was just making a point for the press to leave people alone and not act as if they are guilty before any has been proven. He made an apology later on the Redskins web site once he realized what a moron he was.
    Steven Bloedow
    Collect Auctions
  • Options

<< <i>Vick is still the bigger idiot by a landslide for actually being involved in dog fighting and all the other crap he's done. I try to give Portis the benefit of the doubt and think he was just making a point for the press to leave people alone and not act as if they are guilty before any has been proven. He made an apology later on the Redskins web site once he realized what a moron he was. >>

Confused, You said you give Portis the benefit of the doubt to make a point to not act as if people are guilty before it is proven but you state Vick is a bigger idiot for actually being involved in dog fighting. He already went to trial and was convicted?
    ---------------------------------------------

"The Villain"

Shiba Rescue Organization
    A Shiba Inu is a terrible thing to waste! image
  • Options
    softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dumb people with money. You have to love it image Ahhhhhh America image

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• Options
    All i know is i'd hate to have to live on the difference between their stupidity, i think maybe Curt Schilling could be rounded up and added to the dynamic duo. maybe athletes should just learn to keep their mouths shut. PB
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two nitwits. Who will be broke first?
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure looks like Mama Vick raised two fine young gentlemen, huh? Guess we won't be seeing her on any Chunky Soup commercials anytime soon.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    IrishMikeIrishMike Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭
    I've never believed the trite axiom that adversity brings out someone's true character. If you really want to know what kind of person someone is give them a ton of money.
  • Options
    It hasn't gone to trial and no, he's not convicted. He's confirmed that he owns a dog breeding company and there are also witnesses (clerks) that sold him equipment commonly linked to dog fighting. There's also contracts for dogs addressed to him that were confiscated at a property he owned. It definitely looks like he's involved, but we don't know to what degree. He's been involved in plenty of other stuff to earn the much bigger idiot award, like the water botter thing and the ron mexico ordeal.
    Steven Bloedow
    Collect Auctions