Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Ebay or Teletrade?

Hey sellers of PCGS registry set caliber coins which venue consistently realizes higher prices?

Comments

• Options
    sonoranmonsoonsonoranmonsoon Posts: 2,078 ✭✭
    I prefer Ebay. I have more control over the listing there.
  • Options
    If they're rare high grade clad quarters, selling them to me will realize the highest price image. (Actually Heritage is probably best, then ebay, then Teletrade).
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually right here if it is the right thing at the right time.
    By that I mean try listing here and if somebody is working on a top notch set then deals can be made with little to no cost being taken away from the item other than shipping.
    Only probem is it is a one time shot and you are limited on the number of PCGS coins to a listing.
    After that the BST board is a no cost venue that gets a little more visits than here.
    Then I agree with LincolnsRule has it in line.
    And as for the highest prices the item must stand on it's own legs, and you have got to hope there are a couple of people that want it when you are selling.
  • Options
    I think Heritage does a good job, i have some for sale with them now...and when i was comparing them with ebay the coins seemed to get a higher price on heritage....also sometimes they wont take a commission....check em out
    Jason
    Love them busts!
    I am Looking to Buy California Tokens too.
  • Options
    Only probem is it is a one time shot and you are limited on the number of PCGS coins to a listing.
    After that the BST board is a no cost venue that gets a little more visits than here.

LindeDad, I'm not familiar with what you are talking about. Can you please explain a little more fully, or can anyone else please tell me about what I can do that "is a one time shot " and how do you do it, how many coins are you limited to and are there any other rules, and what does BST stand for and how do I find this "BST board"? image

Thanks!

G99G
    I am not kidding,

G99G
    I collect 20-slab, blue plastic PCGS coin boxes. To me, every empty box is like a beating heartimage NOT.

People come up sometimes, and ask me, G99G, are you kidding? And I answer them no, I am NOT KIDDING.

Every empty box?
    C'mon!
  • Options
    Of the two, teletrade may fair a bit better (depending on the coins). I would do research at both sites on the coins to be sold to really get a good picture (as I often do!)
    Young Numismatist ............................ and growing!
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>LindeDad, I'm not familiar with what you are talking about. Can you please explain a little more fully, or can anyone else please tell me about what I can do that "is a one time shot " and how do you do it, how many coins are you limited to and are there any other rules, and what does BST stand for and how do I find this "BST board"? >>

Read the post that is locked at the top of this forum. For the rules of posting coins on this board.

BST is the Buy, Sell, and Trade-Coins Forum. Upper right of this page Navigation will take you there.

It also has rules locked at the top of the page.
  • Options
    robkoolrobkool Posts: 5,934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Superior Galleries...
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think TT receives higher prices because many coins are house-owned with strong reserves.

The original question stated who gets the highest prices? It did not specify if anything changed hands or who made the money. To analyze how well a collector consignor would do, well that's entirely different.

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    georgiacop50georgiacop50 Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I think TT receives higher prices because many coins are house-owned with strong reserves.

roadrunner >>

I have heard that, but I have also heard that is a myth. Not sure who is correct.
  • Options
    Thanks, LindeDad!
    I am not kidding,

G99G
    I collect 20-slab, blue plastic PCGS coin boxes. To me, every empty box is like a beating heartimage NOT.

People come up sometimes, and ask me, G99G, are you kidding? And I answer them no, I am NOT KIDDING.

Every empty box?
    C'mon!
  • Options
    I usually recomend Teletrade between the the two, but if you are going to sell high end low pop I would recomend Heritage.