Home Sports Talk
Options

I gotta say Griffey has a sweet homerun swing!

That is all

My daughter was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at the age of 2 (2003). My son was diagnosed with Type 1 when he was 17 on December 31, 2009. We were stunned that another child of ours had been diagnosed. Please, if you don't have a favorite charity, consider giving to the JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation)

JDRF Donation

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,537 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree, thats all from me as well.
  • Options
    1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    Junior is one of all time favorites.

How sweet would it have been if he didn't miss so much time? He may have been chasing the Babe as well.
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
    STILL the sweetest swing in baseball and possibly the sweetest swing that ever was or will ever be!!
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭
    great swing, fun to watch, one of my favorites and i think he gets a bad rap. before this years injury he always got hurt on the field giving 100%.
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    It really is a shame he got the injury bug, he might be battling Bonds for the HR record had he not missed so much time.
  • Options
    kcballboykcballboy Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭
    Well deserving of his All-Century team recognition. I'd much rather be cheering him towards 755 right now than simply waiting for Bonds to get it over with.
    Travis
  • Options
    I wonder if Aaron would be as well....?
  • Options
    BunkerBunker Posts: 3,926
    I wonder if he can play another 2-3 years? It would be nice if he was able to break 700 before he retires.

My daughter was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at the age of 2 (2003). My son was diagnosed with Type 1 when he was 17 on December 31, 2009. We were stunned that another child of ours had been diagnosed. Please, if you don't have a favorite charity, consider giving to the JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation)

JDRF Donation
  • Options

<< <i>I wonder if he can play another 2-3 years? It would be nice if he was able to break 700 before he retires. >>

Hopefully he does, if he can stay healthy why not?
  • Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
    Even if he DH's for a couple of years with an AL team...I would also love to see him get 3000 hits.
  • Options
    Griffey has played in roughly 18.25 seasons and that translates to:

134.35 hits per year on average
    31.34 Home Runs per year on average
    89.58 RBI's per year on average.

He needs:

128 Home Runs to reach 700
    548 Hits to reach 3,000
    365 RBI's to reach 2,000

He would have to play close to 4 more seasons to reach those numbers.

If my math is correct he is on pace to:

166 hits this year
    37 HR's this year
    112 RBI's this year

Hopefully he will stay healthy

JDRF Donation
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I wonder if Aaron would be as well....? >>

Long as it ain't a white guy?? (referring to there were racial issues in Bonds breaking the record)
  • Options
    jad22jad22 Posts: 535 ✭✭
    He was one of the best center fielders during his 20's. He could catch up to just about anything.
  • Options
    It's a shame he's had to been injured so much in the last few years. he was clearly the best player in baseball when he was in Seattle. hopefully he can stay healthy and get into the 700 HR range before he retires.
  • Options
    He has 9 home runs so far for the month of May. Not to shabby

JDRF Donation
  • Options
    One of the games greats without a doubt.
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>possibly the sweetest swing that ever was or will ever be!! >>

IMO, that honor goes to Will Clark.

But that just may be the NL homer in me image
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭
    When are we going to start hearing trade rumors? If he gets dealt to an AL team like the Red Sox or Angels he has a good chance to be in the playoffs or World Series! He is just wasting away in Cincy. They have zero chance of making any kind of playoff run with that team!
    Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658
  • Options
    kcballboykcballboy Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭
    I'd love to see him get a ring before it's all over. The teams he's been on he's never really even been close. Heck, he's probably only made it to the playoffs once or twice. I know in 95 for sure but was there any other time?
    Travis
  • Options
    jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭
    Cumulative Postseason Hitting Stats:

SEASON TEAM G AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI TB BB SO SB CS OBP SLG AVG
    1995 Seattle Mariners 11 44 11 16 2 0 6 9 36 6 8 3 .442 .818 .364
    1997 Seattle Mariners 4 15 0 2 0 0 0 2 2 1 3 2 .188 .133 .133

Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658