Home Sports Talk
Options

McNabb to the Bears?

The recent drafting of quarterback Kevin Kolb could mean that Donovan McNabb will be traded before the 2007 season. A few observers have opined that McNabb will be moved after the coming season. But here's a scenario that has him moving before September. The Bears are ready to win the Super Bowl. This scenario obviously depends on two things. One, that McNabb is physically ready to play on Week 1 of the 2007 season. Two, that Chicago is convinced McNabb is their best available QB option.

Comments

• Options
    I doubt that this trade has crossed the minds of anyone from either team. Sounds like someone made this one up. I would guess there is zero chance of this happening.
    ---------------------------------------------

"The Villain"

Shiba Rescue Organization
    A Shiba Inu is a terrible thing to waste! image
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,522 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would agree with that as well, as bad as Grossman played at times last year he did help get them to the super bowl. lets not forget it was his first full year being healthy, Mcnabb will be fine IMO providing he comes back healthy from his injury.
  • Options
    jaxxrjaxxr Posts: 1,258 ✭✭
    McNabb did play his HS football in Chicago, so maybe the hometown boy comes home ???

This aint no party,... this aint no disco,.. this aint no fooling around.
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,756 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whoever started this rumor has got to be on drugs. The Bears were just in the Super Bowl and for better or for worse Grossman got them there. And Grossman is still young. Zero chance of this even being concidered by either team.

And what would the Bears give up anyway? Draft picks? Getting a 1st round draft pick from a good winning team is almost like getting a 2nd round pick.

Virtually every player gets traded sooner or later and it will probably eventually happen to McNabb - but not yet. And when it does happen, it will be to a perenially losing team probably in the AFC.
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    Did someone just say that Grossman got the Bears to the superbowl?? Someone needs to turn on the tv once in a while, the only reason
    why the Bears got to the superbowl, besides their painfully easy schedule, was their defense. In case you all STILL haven't realized
    defense wins championships.

This just in:

Grossman STILL sucks
    McNadd STILL can't win a big game
    Andy Reid STILL stalks dunkin donut employees
    Bears WILL be playing teams with winning records this season

JS
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,522 ✭✭✭✭✭
    JS you forgot to add, Caddy will have a flat and the YUCs will not make the playoffs this season or anytime soon.

Thanks
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,756 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This just in:

Jon Gruden seen at Kinko's getting copies made of his resume.
  • Options
    Caddy has shed the sophmore jinx and is ready to put it in high gear. He is going to make everyone look like the Vikings
    defense this year. Of course with Joey and Mike catching everything throw to them, we won't bee the running game much.

Look on the bright side, just cause the 07 champ has alrady been crown in Tampa, doesn't mean you all can't start thinking
    about second place in 08!

Thanks
    Bucs Nation
  • Options
    MichiganMichigan Posts: 4,942

<< <i>Whoever started this rumor has got to be on drugs. The Bears were just in the Super Bowl and for better or for worse Grossman got them there. And Grossman is still young. Zero chance of this even being concidered by either team.

And what would the Bears give up anyway? Draft picks? Getting a 1st round draft pick from a good winning team is almost like getting a 2nd round pick.

Virtually every player gets traded sooner or later and it will probably eventually happen to McNabb - but not yet. And when it does happen, it will be to a perenially losing team probably in the AFC. >>

It came from the Philadelphia Inquirer, I think someone might have just wanted to stir things up for the heck of it.
  • Options
    SoFLPhillyFanSoFLPhillyFan Posts: 3,931 ✭✭

<< <i>Did someone just say that Grossman got the Bears to the superbowl?? Someone needs to turn on the tv once in a while, the only reason
    why the Bears got to the superbowl, besides their painfully easy schedule, was their defense. In case you all STILL haven't realized
    defense wins championships.

This just in:

Grossman STILL sucks
    McNadd STILL can't win a big game
    Andy Reid STILL stalks dunkin donut employees
    Bears WILL be playing teams with winning records this season

JS >>

...and the Sucs were happy to sign an EAGLES back up QB and STILL remain at the bottom of anyone's ratings for the coming season.

McNabb will not go anywhere before the season. He's an Eagle through 07. No doubt about that.

However I do believe that this is his make or break year. The team will move on if he does not deliver.

Remember this was the league MVP before his injury. No injury and there's nothing stopping him from playing just as well.

Jevon Kearse hits mini camp with 1% body fat and 20 pounds lighter. They're talking about him gaining weight, he is in such good shape. He's got a couple of years left and he'll be screaming through the line until he's done.

• Options
    Its always nice to have a vet back up to come in and make a few first downs when your starting QB needs a breather or a tape
    job. Simskowski will do just fine thanks.

JS

PS. Kearse and McNadd have more in common than their draft year, they both are over the hill.

Sincerely,
    Bucs Nation
  • Options

<< <i>Its always nice to have a vet back up to come in and make a few first downs when your starting QB needs a breather or a tape
    job. Simskowski will do just fine thanks.

JS

PS. Kearse and McNadd have more in common than their draft year, they both are over the hill.

Sincerely,
    Bucs Nation >>

Rumor has it that Chrissy (I Got Some Dude's Name Tattooed On My Leg) Sims gets more than a "tape job" from his favorite trainer.

Gruden, after failing to admit that Chrissy couldn't get the ball over the D line on a three step drop, has now been running plays from the shotgun for the first time in his Bucs coaching history.

I look forward to watching D ends get a few more steps on the Sucs QBs this year. More fun than a watching a train wreck.

Garcia will be playing full time before Thanksgiving.
  • Options
    Grossman is very erratic and it was a miracle they made the superbowl with that clown at QB. I have a dead uncle that would have played better in the big game image
  • Options
    1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    I think McNabb's days are numbered in Philly. They did not draft Kolb that high to groom him for an extended period of time. I haven't heard alot about him, but the stuff I have heard was pretty good.
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • Options
    The only reason Reid drafted Kolb, is because someone yelled Kevin Kolb, he thought he heard Krispe Kreme!

McNadd is NOT the answer
    Kolb is NOT the answer

JS
  • Options

<< <i>The only reason Reid drafted Kolb, is because someone yelled Kevin Kolb, he thought he heard Krispe Kreme!

McNadd is NOT the answer
    Kolb is NOT the answer

JS >>

Weak. You're slipping.

Try something like this -

Jon Gruden is an economy sized bag of d@^*he.