Home Sports Talk
Options

Warning about recruiting owners for fantasy sports leagues

If anyone is recruiting for a fantasy sports league in this forum, don't accept a guy with the handle "StevenJackson39" in your league. His name is Sean Nicotera. He joined both an ncaa tournament pool and a fantasy baseball league that I created. He flaked out on required payments for both leagues and went inactive after 1 week into the season.

Here was my original PM to him when he showed interest in joining my league:

<< <i> send me your email address and i'll include you in the list. However, i want you to guarantee that you'll be an active, honest owner. As i said in my post, the people in this league are individuals i either know personally or have played with for many years. the last time we recruited outsiders, they ended up going postal on us last season. thanks >>

His reply:

<< <i> i will be active every day in the league- u got my word >>

I guess recruiting from public forums is a bad idea.

thanks

Comments

• Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    Booooooooooooooooooooooo!

May I suggest putting his name in the title so others can be forewarned.
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    kcballboykcballboy Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭
    You gotta watch those St Louis guys.
    Travis
  • Options
    bump for those forming fantasy football leagues this season.
  • Options
    There are long standing issues with Stevenjackson39 on these boards.
    Next MONTH? So he's saying that if he wins, the best-case scenario is that he'll be paying for it two weeks after the auction ends?

Forget blocking him; find out where he lives and go punch him in the nuts. --WalterSobchak 9/12/12

Looking for Al Hrabosky and any OPC Dave Campbells (the ESPN guy)
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Sean nicotaro or whatever name he goes by is a mutt.

Steve
    Good for you.