Home Sports Talk
Options

Best Closer ever: Mariano Rivera or Brett Myers?

joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
Ill give the edge to Brett who has nailed down the position in Philly. He just can't be cracked. Mets fan just ran under the bed once again.

All this and Ryan Howard NOT in the lineup.

"This is going to be sick"

Sincerely,
Philly Nation

Comments

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭✭

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Surely you jest. Let's wait until Brett gets his ERA under 4.00 and has at least 1 dominant World Series performance under his belt

"The answer was in the Patriots eyes. Gone were the swagger and c0ck sure smirks, replaced by downcast eyes and heads in hands. For his poise and leadership Eli Manning was named the game's MVP. The 2007 Giants were never perfect nor meant to be. They were fighters, scrappers....now they could be called something else, World Champions."
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    Neither - that would be Papelbon.

Then, Myers.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Neither - that would be Papelbon.

Then, Myers.

image >>

My thoughts exactly.........
  • Options
    1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    Hopefully Uncle Charlie keeps Myers as the closer once Gordon returns ... I hope he stays, and I am sure Manuel can't be that stupid.

Myers seems to have the right mentality as a closer, and so far looks unstoppable.
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,498 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not that I am a Philly fan by any stretch but having Myers as a starter and Gordon as my closer on my fantasy squad I was freakin BS when he was moved to the pen but so far looks to be a great baseball move by him. Philly looks good...
  • Options
    Gordon should really hang it up as a closer....better used as a setup man at this point.
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,727 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Hopefully Uncle Charlie keeps Myers as the closer once Gordon returns ... I hope he stays, and I am sure Manuel can't be that stupid.

Myers seems to have the right mentality as a closer, and so far looks unstoppable. >>

<<< Myers seems to have the right mentality as a closer >>>

Exactly right - Keep him there!