Home Sports Talk
Options

Are there no dodger fans here?

halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭✭
The Red Storm that is the Angels have taken them to the woodshed once again. Here's hoping they get healthy and get to the post-season again. Everyone loves the Yankee killers in the playoffs!
Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,617 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i> Everyone loves the Yankee killers in the playoffs! >>

• Options
    I honestly dont know anyone thats a dodger fan (and that includes all my buddies who live in California!)
  • Options
    LOL still no doger fans?

I hear the sound of crickets....
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,901 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Dodgers lost all their fans when they moved from Brooklyn a few seasons ago. image
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    The Angels are the new Dodgers.

Seriously.

Starts at the top- the Angels have Arte Moreno, whose first act was to reduce beer prices image He runs the team like a family, much like the O'Malley's did.
    The Dodgers have Frank McCourt, who didn't have enough money to buy the team under MLB rules, so combover Bud changed the rules to prevent the O'Malley's from jumping back in. The McCourts raised beer prices, screwed longtime season ticket holders by adding a ton of seats in front of the existing seats, while turning the entire stadium into a giant billboard.

Front office? The morons that are Fox hired Kevin Malone to ruin the payroll for years to come. Then they traded Lo Duca, and went with some hot phenom that crashed and burned and has been banished to Tampa or some other purgatory.
    The Angels have Bill Stoneman who has done everything right.

On the field the Dodgers had a series of bad managers (can you say Davey Johnson?) until they finally got it right with Jim Tracy. Opps, pissed him off, so he's gone. Meanwhile the Angels have the manager the Dodgers could've had and who wanted the job, but they were too stupid to hire him.

Angel Stadium is still a giant mall, but otherwise they have all the class and style the Dodgers once did.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,617 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I say bring the Dodgers back to Brooklyn!
  • Options
    ArnyVeeArnyVee Posts: 4,246
    Dodgers fan here.....grew up in So Cal! image

Also a Marlins fan....because of location...live in South Florida. image
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * MAGIC MASTER #4/BASIC #3
    * PALMEIRO MASTER/BASIC #1
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2