Home Sports Talk
Options

It's Ottawa in the Stanley Cup Finals! CONGRATS!

Comments

• Options
    RedHeart54RedHeart54 Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭
    Yeah, just wish NBC would either carry the game or not carry it. They quit after the 3rd period.
  • Options

<< <i>Yeah, just wish NBC would either carry the game or not carry it. They quit after the 3rd period. >>

I was out this afternoon so I missed the game. I know I've seen OT hockey on NBC before; do you know why they didn't show it today?
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,771 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Yeah, just wish NBC would either carry the game or not carry it. They quit after the 3rd period. >>

I was out this afternoon so I missed the game. I know I've seen OT hockey on NBC before; do you know why they didn't show it today? >>

The Preakness show came on at 5:00pm EST - maybe that was the reason. Nobody wanted to possibly miss Calvin Borel crying again or maybe the Kentucky Derby winner breaking its leg like last year.
  • Options
    yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭

Did the game at least move to Versus at that point? I was watching it but left to fart around on the computer and grab a bite to eat at the end of regulation. I could hear the Preakness preview from the other room and was waiting to hear the game come back on. I guess I lost track of time because the next thing I knew, they were coming on with an update on the final.

At first I couldn't believe it, but then I realized, Oh yeah, this is the NHL, the only league in North America that gets an overtime of a possible conference championship-clinching game preempted by a preview show. At least it was the Preakness and not, say, the Westminister Kennel Club Show or something like that.

Oh well, Go Sens!
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    RedHeart54RedHeart54 Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭
    Yes, it was sent to Versus (aka The Pheasent Hunting Channel) which might as well meant sending it to the al-Jazeera channel considering how few cable stations carry it.

• Options
    MichiganMichigan Posts: 4,942
    Congrats to Ottawa for getting to the finals but it is bad news for Versus or NBC whoever is going to carry it as the ratings (what little
    they are) will be even worse with a Canadian team playing. I'm sure they are hoping for the Red Wings as the other team as they have
    a pretty solid fan base at least in Michigan.