Home Sports Talk
Options

Boston Celtics

jad22jad22 Posts: 535 ✭✭
Hope they do not get screwed again.

Comments

• Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,736 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too bad the Celtics of today can not retool and create a 21st century version of the Championship Celtics Teams of the 50's, 60's, 70's and 80's.
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭
    Too bad the Celtics of today can not retool and create a 21st century version of the Championship Celtics Teams of the 50's, 60's, 70's and 80's.

that's what we're waiting for!!!!

i hope not either, 1 or 2 would be fine but i would rather 1 to get oden
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Red will have to handle things from above for us.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    They absolutely have to get Oden. Anything less will not do.
  • Options
    dirtmonkeydirtmonkey Posts: 3,048 ✭✭
    They need SO much more than Oden (or Reds ghost) to help...
  • Options
    Celtics are doomed to suck for a long long time.
  • Options
    MichiganMichigan Posts: 4,942
    The sad downfall of a once great NBA franchise, it has to be painful for Celtics fan. When was the last time they had a decent team?
    Seems like it as been ages.
  • Options
    the last time they had a "decent" team was Birds last season lol.
  • Options
    Come to daddy, ping pong ball, come to daddy.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm a lifer Laker junkie and there is nothing I would rather see than the 76ers and Celtics become legit NBA franchises again. Granted the Lake show needs some more viable players to enter the elite as well. Nothing is better in the NBA when there are legit powerhouses in both conferences. The Laker/Celtics rivalry -- when both teams are at the top -- is one of the greatest in sports.
    Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards
  • Options
    By the way - when is the draft lottery?
  • Options
    Tuesday
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    Thanks!
  • Options
    tonight is the night!!!!

i hope the ping pong balls are green!!! image

i wonder what number oden wants????
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

• Options
    The Bird vs Magic (Johnson) matchups were classics.
  • Options
    The Celtics deserve to get screwed in the lottery for tanking games like they did late in the year. What a disgrace - hope they and their fans enjoy the way they got themselves a high lottery pick.
  • Options
    dirtmonkeydirtmonkey Posts: 3,048 ✭✭

<< <i>The Celtics deserve to get screwed in the lottery for tanking games like they did late in the year. What a disgrace - hope they and their fans enjoy the way they got themselves a high lottery pick. >>

Coach guys to lose games and it will be hard to break them of that mentality. I too agree that it would be funny to see them get screwed.
  • Options
    That is garbage. Pierce was hurt most of the year and they lost more games to injury than any other team. The Grizzles tanked games. The Celtic team played hard all year. The only guy who mentioned tanking games was Gomes. One of the worst defensive players in the league. He is a fat chump who would sit on the bench for most teams.
  • Options
    gomes knows that if the C's get 1 of the top 2 he's on his way out!!!

that was a totally different team with pierce, they couldn't win without a go to guy, they got him back and then played solid until he got hurt again.
    Fred

• Options
    I watched most of the games this year. Even during the losing streak they played hard every night. Tony Allen started playing like he did his rookie year until he got hurt and Al Jefferson showed amazing progress. I was pleased with the progress that many players made this year.
  • Options
    I just hope Memphis doesn't get either of those guys because it's nearly impossible to cheer for Memphis and we'll never see them. I could see the C's being pretty decent next year if they got Oden. You start thinking about Oden, Jefferson, Pierce, Rondo, West, etc. and they look pretty decent on paper and very good defensively.
    Steven Bloedow
    Collect Auctions
  • Options
    ArnyVeeArnyVee Posts: 4,246
    Seattle or Portland for the #1!
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * MAGIC MASTER #4/BASIC #3
    * PALMEIRO MASTER/BASIC #1
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options
    Portland at #1...
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options

<< <i>Portland at #1... >>

David Stern can't be happy, I'm sure he would rather see Greg Oden play in a big east coast market like Philly or Boston.
  • Options
    karma.
  • Options
    With Portland, Seattle, Atlanta & Memphis with the top 4 picks....well, D.Stern is definitely not happy. If the Celtics had the #1 pick, it would've been such a great story.
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options
    Well, that sucks.

The Celtics did not tank games this season, it is foolish to make statements like that - especially if you didn't see any of their games late in the season. I did. It wasn't pretty, but they played hard every night with the players they had.

Now, Oden will go to the Portland Ex-Convicts, I mean Trail Blazers - and play his career in obscurity.
  • Options
    5 more years of mediocrity (at best).
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options

<< <i>The Celtics did not tank games this season, it is foolish to make statements like that - especially if you didn't see any of their games late in the season. I did. It wasn't pretty, but they played hard every night with the players they had. >>

From Bill Simmons column today -

2. CELTICS
    (No. 2 in the Ping-Pong order)

Bad Luck -- 7
    Front Office Competency -- 2
    Loyalty/History -- 10
    Level of Devastation -- 10
    Overdue Good Karma -- 10
    Tanking Karma -- 0
    Rigging Potential -- 10
    Entertainment Value -- 10

Tanking Karma - 0. Simmons must be another fool who never watches Celtics games.

• Options
    Brian48Brian48 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭
    The Celts are done. The curse of Len Bias still lingers image
  • Options
    what if they traded this pick for gasol or garnett???
    i think it definetly gets traded by danny boy

i would like to see gasol play with pierce
    Fred

• Options
    gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭
    The Celtics would pull their starters in games late last year with a lead after 3 quarters, ultimately losing games they could have won...What team does that?? A tanking team...karma's a beyotch
  • Options
    softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate the Celtics and I laughed when they slipped to #5. Good for them image

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• Options
    "I hate the Celtics and I laughed when they slipped to #5. Good for them"

LOL. I guess it's easy to hate the Celtics image Since your NY team is just poised to win the championship next year in the NBA image