Home Metal Detecting
Options

May 07 (so far)

ZotZot Posts: 825 ✭✭✭

Here's what I've pulled out of the ground in May (so far):

4 silver coins:

25 penniä 1869
This was the last coin in a nice three-coin pocket spill. Got a nice signal in the high +70 VDI range and recovered a late 1800's/early 1900's copper.
Scanned the hole again. Still got a signal, this time VDI +82. Hum! I recovered another identical copper.
Scanned the hole once more. There was still a signal in it, and this time an inviting VDI +30. Ha! That's perfect for a 25 penniä silver.
And indeed, a 25 penniä it is. This is a tough coin, and has some value in any condition image

25 penniä 1901
This one is in nice shape.
By comparing to the 1869 coin, you can see that the design has been changed quite a bit (e.g. much smaller denticles, smaller text on the reverse, etc..)
I personally think this more recent design is more elegant than the original design from the 1860's, which looks a bit clumsy and busy image

50 penniä 1916
This was found in an area with brutal soil conditions. I've never seen a silver coin "bleed" in the ground like this before. The soil around the coin was silver colored.. I found a few coppers in the same area as well, and they were completely shot to pieces - almost nothing left of them.

Another 50 penniä 1916
1916 is a very common year for these

Olympic games, Stockholm, 1912

Moving back in time for a moment...

The stadium. There are some inviting detecting spots in this picture...

Alberto Braglia from Italy, 1st in both the team and individual all-around gymnastics competitions

A star.
From something Russian (uniform?) most likely. Has been gold plated, but most of that has worn off. There's much more left of it on the back than on the front

This pin (hat pin?) was in two pieces in the hole.
It was a tough signal, as there were also lots of pieces from a broken mirror in the hole
This looks like gold, but is silver (0.830 fine), just gold plated

Swedish hallmarks. Very small ones indeed

The gold department was slow (zero) last month, but I got my gold fix(es) this month image
(OK Riccar, some pressure on you to cough up the next ones now my friend.... Ha! image )

18K gold
Date stamp 1971, 4.76 grams

18K gold
Got this shortly after the first one. Date stamp 1968, 2.96 grams

Thanks for looking! Happy hunting!

-Z
Minelab: GPX 5000, Excalibur II, Explorer SE. White's: MXT, PI Pro

Comments

• Options
    Fun finds and post image

<<OK Riccar, some pressure on you to cough up the next ones now my friend.... Ha! >>

imageimageimage

Alright Z-man, I'll see what I can do...
    uh oh, the pressure's on!

• Options
    phutphut Posts: 1,087
    image and a 'you suck', right back at ya Zot.image

Sweet finds!!
  • Options
    SilverDreamsSilverDreams Posts: 427 ✭✭
    All hail the silver king! image
    I lust for silver.
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    Every time Zot posts his finds, they are usually great finds.

Congrats on the finds.
  • Options
    marymmarym Posts: 713
    Zot, your finds never cease to amaze me. I admit I'm not much into foreign coins, but the pieces you come up with are nothing short of spectacular. The Olmpic pin is wonderful, that in itself is an awesome find! Mary
    Be Still and Know
  • Options
    Cool finds Erik. Love the hat pin.

Gary
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love the 1869 25-penniä, even though it is lower-grade than the other pieces. It just has "that look", know what I mean?

That 1901 is supersharp, too.

I really like the Olympic pin... that is a significant find.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options

<< <i>I love the 1869 25-penniä, even though it is lower-grade than the other pieces. It just has "that look", know what I mean? >>

Kinda fits your 'circulation cameo" criteria..yes?

Great finds Erik!
    Analog Rules! Knobs and Switches are cool!
    imageimage