Home Metal Detecting
Options

Anyone with info on the Pan American Expo 1901 in Buffalo??

Do you think I stand a chance of finding anything on this land?? It is mostly residential now, I'm looking for permission to dig in a few places.

Has anyone ever heard of anything interesting about this site??

Comments

• Options
    marymmarym Posts: 713
    There's a great deal of information about the site you're proposing to hunt. I say if you get permission to hunt even the smallest of areas, go for it! Mary
    Be Still and Know
  • Options
    DockwalliperDockwalliper Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭
    Detecting in Buffalo City parks is a big No-no. As you say, much of the Expo land is now residential homes so you would need permission from the home owners. I don't think you'll find many places where the origional soil is in place with the streets being built and grading for lawns etc. but with many of the homes at 80-100 yrs old Im sure theres stuff to find. If you get permission and need a hunting partner give me a yell.
  • Options
    demodiggerdemodigger Posts: 1,012
    i dug a medal here in california from that exposition. did'nt even know that expo existed before i dug the coin. it is the coin in the middle, just below the indian cents.
  • Options
    I've got an overlay map and I am going to drive around and see if there are any potential places to dig.

From the map it appears that today's Delaware Park lays on just the southern tip of where the expo was.

The northern border of the expo was a railroad track, which is still there today. I was thinking of possibly digging just south of the tracks if possible.

I'll know much more when I go there in a few days.

I figured it would be worth a shot to go down there and see if there are any possibilities.