Home Sports Talk
Options

Surprise College Football team for 2007

coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
Lets start early with a prediction... what team will surprise and have a better season that what is anticipated. I predict Illinois will win 9 games, which includes a bowl game, and finish the season in the top 25. Post your unlikely and overlooked choice for success for the upcoming season before the so-called experts do...

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

Comments

• Options
    Ohio State....not in most Top 15's...but I predict they will finish top 7
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fla State, oh wait, you mean Division 1-A,...image

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Well, its getting close to the start and I thought this was worthy of a second look

• Options
    fab4fab4 Posts: 280 ✭✭
    Miami will be a better team than last year. (they have to be) they will beat oklahoma and will end up in the top 10 this year.

our defense is good and if our offense can step it up i think my dream can become a reality. if not i am in for a LONG year.

good luck to everybody and your team. are you ready for some football.

..fab4..
  • Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    WVU will finsh somewhere lol-just short of a good bowl bid as usual- been since 1989 against notre dame for the national championship-1 in 18 years average not bad lol
    randy
  • Options
    IrishMikeIrishMike Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭
    Just a wild guess..........Zona! (Arizona).
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BOSTON COLLEGE!!!! NATIONAL CHAMPIONS!!!!!

• Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,543 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nebraska -- this is the year Callahan's West Coast Offense puts it all together!! image
  • Options
    kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    South Carolina Gamec@cks will win the sec championship this year..
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    Why is USC dodgin Wisconsin again? Does a team really need to be ranked preseason #1 when their first four games are
    against cupcakes? What a crock

JS
  • Options
    dontippetdontippet Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Lets start early with a prediction... what team will surprise and have a better season that what is anticipated. I predict Illinois will win 9 games, which includes a bowl game, and finish the season in the top 25. Post your unlikely and overlooked choice for success for the upcoming season before the so-called experts do... >>

I'm a big Illini fan, and as I was opening this link up, I was hoping it would be about Illinois. I don't know about 9 wins, but they do have some potential that we haven't seen for awhile.
    > [Click on this link to see my ebay listings.](https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=&amp;_in_kw=1&amp;_ex_kw=&amp;_sacat=0&amp;_udlo=&amp;_udhi=&amp;_ftrt=901&amp;_ftrv=1&amp;_sabdlo=&amp;_sabdhi=&amp;_samilow=&amp;_samihi=&amp;_sadis=15&amp;_stpos=61611&amp;_sargn=-1&saslc=1&amp;_salic=1&amp;_fss=1&amp;_fsradio=&LH_SpecificSeller=1&amp;_saslop=1&amp;_sasl=mygirlsthree3&amp;_sop=12&amp;_dmd=1&amp;_ipg=50&amp;_fosrp=1)
    >

Successful transactions on the BST boards with rtimmer, coincoins, gerard, tincup, tjm965, MMR, mission16, dirtygoldman, AUandAG, deadmunny, thedutymon, leadoff4, Kid4HOF03, BRI2327, colebear, mcholke, rpcolettrane, rockdjrw, publius, quik, kalinefan, Allen, JackWESQ, CON40, Griffeyfan2430, blue227, Tiggs2012, ndleo, CDsNuts, ve3rules, doh, MurphDawg, tennessebanker, and gene1978.
  • Options
    TreetopTreetop Posts: 1,474
    UCLA will end up in the top 3 with 1 or 0 losses. Just about there entire team returned from last year
    Link to my current Ebay auctions

"If I ever decided to do a book, I've already got the title-The Bases Were Loaded and So Was I"-Jim Fregosi
  • Options

<< <i>Why is USC dodgin Wisconsin again? Does a team really need to be ranked preseason #1 when their first four games are
    against cupcakes? What a crock

JS >>

signed, FSU lover who schedules I-AA teams (and nearly loses to them).
  • Options
    UCLA very well could finish the season with one loss. They will be good

• Options

<< <i>Text Why is USC dodgin Wisconsin again? Does a team really need to be ranked preseason #1 when their first four games are cupcakes? >>

USC is in the Pac10 and Wisconsin is in the Big 10. The only way these two schools play is non conference or in the Rosebowl... which has happened. Many folks consider the USC-Wisconsin Rosebowl of 1963 one of the greatest College games ever.

As for USC's schedule. They open with Idaho but then play Nebraska at Lincoln, Washington State at home followed by Washington in Seattle. At the time the scheduling was done, I seriously doubt the USC Athletic Department or anyone else that follows college football would consider the first 4 games cupcakes.

• Options
    markj111markj111 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭
    If Zook could not win at Florida, how can he win at Illinois? Oh wait, I get it. He will play Big 10 teams instead of SEC teams. That explains it.
  • Options
    I think many of Zook's recruits were part of Florida's National Championship team. Zook won at Florida... just not enough. Zook has 2 maybe 3 seasons to get Illinois up to winning 9 games. It is possible he can do that with the talent he has.

Remember... the title of the thread is about a surprise team... image

• Options
    FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who will we rob this year? Not Oklahoma. Michigan during week 2!! Hope so.

Ken
  • Options
    AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭✭
    Missouri is a sleeper pick this year I believe. best TE's in the country, good QB with a year under his belt.
    Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • Options
    Ahmanfan beat me to it - Missouri will catch a few teams sleeping this year.
  • Options
    dirtmonkeydirtmonkey Posts: 3,048 ✭✭

<< <i>Who will we rob this year? Not Oklahoma. Michigan during week 2!! Hope so.

Ken >>

If Oregon has a good D, there's a chance. Michigans D will be suspect, but the O should put up some big numbers.
  • Options
    Missouri plays Illinois Saturday in St. Louis... should be a fairly good game. Both teams have exciting quarterbacks and ends.

• Options
    Thought this deserved a second look... now that the season is nearly over. Illinois and Mizzou were good picks. OSU will likely finish the season in the top 6-8

• Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,543 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Nebraska -- this is the year Callahan's West Coast Offense puts it all together!! image >>

My god, I was certainly a tad off on this prediction!! image