Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Registry Caliber CLAD Washingtons - 1989-D Pop 71/4 - guide lists at well over $400 FS- this weekend

Only because the 1989-D Washington Quarter is indeed so very RARE with a population that rivals a PCGS 66 1934-D Washington Quarter am I taking the time to post this HERE on the PCGS Registry Set Forum.

Rarely have I ever posted to this very Forum but a coin of this magnitude which many Washington Quarter Registry participants inevitably WILL NEED, must be made known!

It needs to be brought to the attention of Registry participants that hope to collect the entire series or collect solely PCGS certified Clad Washingtons.

This coin which is next to impossible to find, I HAVE it .... and MORE. Check the PCGS Price Guide and if you're able to, check the PCGS population report yourselves.

Feel free to contact me for details or simply view the coin by clicking the sig.

More to come in subsequent threads as relevance dictates.

I HAVE read the rules and comprehend them. Included is a picture of One that I am selling elsewhere. This is why it bears my eBay ID as ALL my coins auctioned there do, because of picture piracy. NOW, if by some chance this some breaking of a rule I will pull this coin down from here and create a totally New thread with yet another 1989-D PCGS 66 Washington Quarter that has yet to be photographed, does NOT bear my ID and that coin will be put here for sale exclusively.

This is too importany a coin NOT to bring to Washington Quarter collectors of PCGS Registry Material. I appreciate your understanding and Good Luck,

Thank you,

BOOM image

Comments

• Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Boom,

Kewl coin...good luck selling!

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    BoomBoom Posts: 10,165
    Thanks Paul. I appreciate the compliment. image
  • Options
    leothelyonleothelyon Posts: 8,367 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Boom

Did a little research and found 3 same grade coins that have sold in the last 8 months.
    Heritage Sept 26 06 $402.50 pop 49/4
    Teletrade Nov. 1 06 $240 pop ??
    Heritage Feb 19 07 $184 pop 65/4
    The pops are now 71/4

The Registry sets, the pop for MS66 coins in 22 top sets 12/2. Could be more MS66's in the 4 closed to public viewing sets but where are the other some 40+ MS66 graded coins?

Leo

The more qualities observed in a coin, the more desirable that coin becomes!

My Jefferson Nickel Collection

• Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,353 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This coin comes very gemmy in the mint set and there are lots of PL's. Unfortunately
    they are almost all plagued by scratches which are frequently massive.

Roll coins are not often seen though the pictured one does appear to be one.
    Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    Hi guys. Good Morning.

Hey, I truly appreciate the most helpful info.

I got my info from here off the PCGS Population Report (viewable by Platinum Members etc) and from the PCGS Price Guide which is viewable by all. When I was listing the coin I had oh, somewhere around12-14 to post and just took some full shots in a somewhat hurried fashion.

As I inspect the coin under a Reveal with a loupe I must say that it is pretty sharp and I may consider adding a couple close ups of the piece before the 12 hours left to go in the auction mark.

Thanx again Leo and cladking (and anyone else I may be overlooking) I appreciate you guys' helpful input and insight as by NO means am I a "clad" expert and really had no idea of this coin's value when I posted it. I put most up at 99c with No Reserve and just let the auctions run themselves.

Oh & as stated, if anyone needs one I do have two and would be more than happy to discuss it.

Have a great day & take care,

BOOM image
  • Options
    Hi Boom. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but it's more like $150 coin. And even at that, I haven't been able to sell my duplicate yet. It was only a $400 coin for one day, for one crazy auction.
  • Options
    leothelyonleothelyon Posts: 8,367 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>This coin comes very gemmy in the mint set and there are lots of PL's. Unfortunately
    they are almost all plagued by scratches which are frequently massive.

Roll coins are not often seen though the pictured one does appear to be one. >>

I usually buy the coin, who doesn't these days! Although I have a few MS quarters, it's not my main cup of tea so I can't tell you if the 89-D is as difficult as a 1981-P JN. Paying the postman to have a looksy is not high on my list unless I have some knowledge of the seller and how he grades coins. A detailed description along with a high quality pic of a coin is an absolute and can go a long ways with buying and selling big change collector coins. In other words, this coin could be worth $400, it really depends upon it's quality. For that chunk of change I'd be looking for a 4 to 5 point quality coin in strike, condition, luster, perhaps a touch of toning or prooflike surfaces. But the strike would really need to be on the complete details side or very close to it. If it were a JN, at this moment, I couldn't tell you a thing about it. I could assume it's quality but I've been disappointed many more times than satisfied. My 2 points!

Leo

The more qualities observed in a coin, the more desirable that coin becomes!

My Jefferson Nickel Collection

• Options
    Actually, most of you know that I am mainly into the 32-64 Silver group and when I saw the price on the PCGS Price Guide I must admit I had to take a FEW "second looks" to make sure of what I was seeing. I'm sure the auction will work itself out.

Thanx for all the tips etc. Any coin purchased from me comes with a money back Guarantee. ALWAYS!

• Options
    The coins performed so well that I racked them up again. image
  • Options
    Boom
    I want to agree with you, this coin you offer is VERY hard to fine, I own the top reated 1932 to present Washington quarter set on PCGS Registry, and I don't have a better coin than the one you are offering. 66's just don't come along very often. The whole Clad series is getting more expensive every day. they are only in the early stages of the price increase I can assure you. Your comparison to the 1934-d silver quarter is valid, anyone buying now will enjoy a 10 bagger (10 fold) in the next 10 years in my opinion.

It looks like one of the best 66's that I have seen!