Home Metal Detecting
Options

Any metal detectors from NY, NJ, CT?

ScarsdaleCoinScarsdaleCoin Posts: 5,187 ✭✭✭✭✭
wondering if the metal detectors and/or their club wish to have a meeting at COINFEST

show link

If you do, please let us know and we will set up a meeting room and time for you all!
best,
Jon
Jon Lerner - Scarsdale Coin - www.CoinHelp.com

Comments

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think most of us refer to ourselves as "metal detectorists" or "treasure hunters" or "TH'ers". I've even heard "metal detectives".

But "metal detector" refers to the machine, not the person. Though technically I suppose you're correct- it could refer to the person as well.

I think the MD hobbyists should be more actively invited to coin shows like you just did. Coin people and metal detector people both have a lot to talk about, and could benefit from discussing things with one another.

I happen to be both, of course.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    pontiacinfpontiacinf Posts: 8,915 ✭✭

<< <i>I think most of us refer to ourselves as "metal detectorists" or "treasure hunters" or "TH'ers". I've even heard "metal detectives".

But "metal detector" refers to the machine, not the person. Though technically I suppose you're correct- it could refer to the person as well.

I think the MD hobbyists should be more actively invited to coin shows like you just did. Coin people and metal detector people both have a lot to talk about, and could benefit from discussing things with one another.

I happen to be both, of course. >>

imagewell said & I agree

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill