Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

Here are a few nickels I've recently picked off TT.

leothelyonleothelyon Posts: 8,349 ✭✭✭✭✭
And other places. A few low graders plus an exceptional MS66 54-S. The 1956 PCGS MS65FS is really
the best struck example I've ever come across. Don't know why it took so long to fill this date in the collection.
The 1955-D was a nice addition as well. The 1962 came from our own Hoot. Enjoy the pics.
Here's the link!

Leo

The more qualities observed in a coin, the more desirable that coin becomes!

My Jefferson Nickel Collection

Comments

• STONESTONE Posts: 15,275
    Leo, I see what you mean by that '56, it's really a super looking coin; surprised it's just a 65. All the other coins look great and nice additions to the collection.
  • coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,721 ✭✭✭✭✭
    good pictures and excellent coins. I like the reverse on the 54-S and 55-D.

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,876 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leo,

What does HG mean?

The Jeffs and the album are terrrifc.

-Gil
  • leothelyonleothelyon Posts: 8,349 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stone
    The 56 does have 3 nicks on Jeff's profile but the deep strike and prooflike obverse really gives this coin it's outstanding eye appeal. But it's graded right, MS65. It took awhile to come across a coin like this, it will probably take a few more to upgrade it.

Coinkat
    The 54-S is incredibly markfree but the obverse has a soft strike. I personally wouldn't grade it higher than a MS65. It's really a guality 2+ coin with it's condition and luster.
    The amazing thing about the 55-D, I can't believe no-one wanted it. The holder is really banged (scuffed) up as it must have made it's rounds because it didn't FS. But the strike, toning, limited marks and the steps are well represented. I'd say this one also has almost 3 good gualities about it that I couldn't turn down, especially for this date, even at $300+.

Gil
    Sometimes I get carried away with my typing and shorten up some word here and there. Get tired or retyping some words. HG is high grade.
    Sometimes I'll shorten Jefferson nickel to JN. QVC, when you come across it, stands for "quarter step count".

Leo

• SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,876 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks. image
  • coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,721 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 1954-s usually is one sad looking coin (as is the 55-D for that matter). The one you have is very nice. Could the obverse strike be alittle better? It could... but I still think as a whole it significantly better than what normally is seen. I would not argue with a 66.

Congrats on excellent additions.

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• CasabrownCasabrown Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭
    Great coins and great pictures. What software and camera do you use.

Casabrown
  • leothelyonleothelyon Posts: 8,349 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Great coins and great pictures. What software and camera do you use.

Casabrown >>

I have a old sony camera that needs upgraded and a simple paint shop that someone referred to me. You can have the greatest camera and software but it still takes alot of patience and time to bring it all together to make the coin appear on someone elses monitor as it does in hand. Early on, I did alot of pictures before I realized my monitor was too dark when tweaking the brightness and contrast. Had to redo everyone of them.

Nice to see you posting again.

Leo

• Nice slide show. Good pics. Congratulations on your additions!

Garrow