Home Coin Swaps, Tags and Giveaways

Ideas anyone?

Anybody got any clever ideas for a giveaway/contest? The same old ones we see all the time are kinda boring.

Comments

• Musky1011Musky1011 Posts: 3,899 ✭✭✭✭
    Don't disrespect giveaways

Doing the best I can. Those melt buckets are not that kind to me.
    Where else can I giveaway cool toned coins that only cost $4.50

If you want a cool idea for a giveaway. Why don't you giveaway a $20 Gold pieceimage

Jim
    Pilgrim Clock and Gift Shop.. Expert clock repair since 1844

Menomonee Falls Wisconsin USA

http://www.pcgs.com/SetRegistr...dset.aspx?s=68269&ac=1">Musky 1861 Mint Set
  • CladiatorCladiator Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've already got the "cool" item(s) to be given away (at least I think they're cool lol). I'm just trying to figure out a novel idea for conducting the actual giveaway.
  • BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,454 ✭✭✭✭✭
    go shopping.
    provide us a list of what you purchased (but don't say what store or stores).
    winner is first to provide exact price you paid, including PRK taxes.
    no winner, closest without going over wins.
    no edits allowed.
    PM me the price you pay so I can guess first image
  • Musky1011Musky1011 Posts: 3,899 ✭✭✭✭
    I have an idea.

Let them guess how much money you are going to spend on your wedding

Not that would be a novel idea

Jim

Pilgrim Clock and Gift Shop.. Expert clock repair since 1844

Menomonee Falls Wisconsin USA

http://www.pcgs.com/SetRegistr...dset.aspx?s=68269&ac=1">Musky 1861 Mint Set
  • claychaserclaychaser Posts: 4,405 ✭✭✭✭
    How about posting pics of several PCGS graded coins for a guess the grade contest. The person closest to the actual numbers wins, with a YN division as well.

==Looking for pre WW2 Commems in PCGS Rattler holders, 1851-O Three Cent Silvers in all grades

Successful, problem free and pleasant transactions with: illini420, coinguy1, weather11am,wayneherndon,wondercoin,Topdollarpaid,Julian, bishdigg,seateddime, peicesofme,ajia,CoinRaritiesOnline,savoyspecial,Boom, TorinoCobra71, ModernCoinMart, WTCG, slinc, Patches, Gerard, pocketpiececommems, BigJohnD, RickMilauskas, mirabella, Smittys, LeeG, TomB, DeusExMachina, tydye
    Wow, all excellent ideas guys, thank you!

Musky, I'm not going to do the wedding idea though....way too depressing image
  • BoomBoom Posts: 10,165
    Did that already, a cfew times, with giveaways for the correct grades and let's see, fro memory.

Bochiman won 1st prize
    There were also 2nd & 3rd place wimmers on that one.

Did another one and for the life of me I can't remember who won but it will come back to me when I least expect it to.

Held another here recently and BigBubba hit it right on the nose, right out the blocks.
    I believe he also guseesed TwoSides to a Coins' "Guess the Grade" but only won JP's respect!
    I thought that was really cool.

Anyway if no on steps up to the plate here soon I suppose I could do another one cause NOBODY guessed correctly in my last one. image

Pssssst. I didn't think they would but their "guesses" DID serve to affirm my convictions! image
  • BoomBoom Posts: 10,165
    Ooooh Cladiator - A $20 Gold piece giveaway? Nah, you're kidding! If not, I wanna play. image

<< <i>Ooooh Cladiator - A $20 Gold piece giveaway? Nah, you're kidding! If not, I wanna play. image >>

Hardly. Remember it's something that I think is cool. I'm not a big fan of the big gold stuff lol
  • Here is something a few of you may have a intrest in. A game at trading Slabs.

Link................

Ill allow anyone to play who sends in thier coins and contacts me before it starts.
    www.tradingslabs.com

Jeffs
  • BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,284 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pick 5 coins/series/keys that are not part of the series that you collect.
    Have guesses to those.

or, just draw my name out of the hat at the start of the contest image

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• robkoolrobkool Posts: 5,934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    World of money would be a kool contest... Show several reverse sides of old foreign coins, and determine the country it's from. The first person to guess all the correct countries in order will win a gold Mexico dos peso, second place a silver Canadian dollar, and third place an old Chinese note...