Home Coin Swaps, Tags and Giveaways

The "7070 Tag" - rules in process - draft

So I'm starting to draft the rules for the "7070" tag, and I'll use the first post to work them and change the title when they are final. Feel free to comment in this thread as the rules progress. This will be the thread that goes live with the tag - the other one will just eventually fade from view in the dust bin of forum history.

So you may see only a few changes here, or a lot, depending on the time I have to devote to this project and the comments received.

The participants and order will be posted here by me. As your turn comes up, confirm that you want to either take the box or pass on it. You have four days to make up your mind. If you pass, you go to the end of the line for another shot at it.

Getting and Shipping the box, approvals: After you receive the box, examined the coins, and have a proposed swap, you must PM me for approval of your proposed swap. I will respond pronto. After approval, you copy the list, make your edits, and post in the thread with your shipping and tracking information.

The guideline on swaps to the box is to be reasonable on what you take and receive. Of course, PCGS graded bust coins are more desireable, and generally worth over sheet. Low grade seated coins and mid grade Morgans, etc. are common, so they are a greysheet based value. If you want to swap in 5 low value coins for one high value, then you should expect yours to be discounted slightly. On the other hand, if you take 5 low value coins and out in a real keeper, you can expect, and you receive, a good deal. Values are generally based on greysheet, with attractive for the grade PCGS/NGC graded coins being worth more than raw ones, and cleaned/damaged coins being valued as such.

You have 1 week from date of receipt of the box to ship. All shipments must be by US REGISTERED mail, fully insured (amount TBD). .

Legal: I hate to have to post this, and I trust that this would not be the case with this group: In the event that someone does not ship the box, or loses or absconds with the coins, that person is fully and legally responsibile to make restitiution to me for the full stated value of the box (the amount is to be determined), plus any legal and other reasonable costs incurred to collect. Any legal actions or legal disputes will be governed by California law, with any legal action taking place in California, unless the law dictates otherwise. All participants warrant that they are of legal age to make a contract.

Option: TAG HOST WILL BUY YOUR JUNK SILVER FOR COINS IN THE TAG: You may "pay" for coins or any value shortage by putting in junk silver. Use my estimated values, and you are allowed (at $14.00 silver basis - will change with the silver market) - currently at 10X face for 90%, and 4.4X face for 40% halves (1965-69), silver eagles at $15.00 each, one ounce silver rounds and bars at $13.00 each. All junk silver stays in the tag, you may not take it out unless I approve for 'change" - and if it becomes too heavy, I'll ask for it to be shipped to me at my expense.

Option: You can also make up any value shortage, or purchase any coins for cash outright.

HOLD ONTO THE COINS YOU TAKE UNTIL THE TAG IS OVER! The tag will not be over and completed until I get the box back, and approve all raw put in it. For coins put in and taken before the box gets to me, they are automatically approved. This rule is for my protection - say if a raw coin is bad in some way, I want to be able to return it to the person who put it in. I would only do this in an extreme situation - counterfeit, whizzed, or other "bad" coin put in. I am not going to invoke it for low value or stuff close to melt value, etc.

NOW - THE FUN STUFF: This tag will revolve around a virtual Dansco 7070, with a couple of the coins blocked out (C'mon guys, who really wants a memorial cent or a clad quarter in this tag?).

Coins allowed in. If you have a question, or have a proposed exception to the rule, shoot me a pm and I will try to work it out. I am very reasonable, and please consider these as guidelines, not hard and fast rules. I will have a few "no fly" coins (e.g. - some PCGS mercuries and walkers) in the box, but no one is under any obligation to take them.

1. Half cents, large cents, 2 cents, 3 cents nickel and 3 cents silver, half dimes, shield nickels, bust and seated dimes, twenty cents, bust and seated quarters, half dollars, dollars:
All of these will be accepted in raw form, damaged or cleaned coins with problems noted, PCGS or NGC graded coins. Other slabbed coins will be treated as a raw coins.

2. Flying Eagle and Indian cents: Nice, problem free certifiable coins and PCGS/NGC coins.

3. Liberty and Buffalo nickels: PCGS or NGC graded coins only, except for the following problem free and certifiable raw coins: 1912-S, 1926-S

4. Barbers for type coin value: Raw coins that are problem free solid XF45 to AU, PCGS and NGC graded MS and Proof coins

5. Mercuries: PCGS and NGC graded proofs only

6. Standing Liberty Quarters: Raw coins that are problem free solid XF45 to AU, PCGS and NGC graded MS coins

7. Walkers: PCGS and NGC graded proofs, raw, problem free and PCGS and NGC 1916PDS and 1917DS obverse coins

8. Frankies: PCGS and NGC graded Proofs before 1956

9. Morgans: PCGS and NGC graded, and attractive, MS 64 and better, no 1921, and PF 60 or better (I don't think any will come in - LOL!).

10. Peace dollars: pm me with what you got. I am putting a few in to fill up the box.

11. Commems: not this time. Thinking about a commem tag in the future.

12. Gold: pm me with what you got if you want to put some in.

(A few more edits made Friday night TO BE CONTINUED.................................)

No fly list:
Lincoln cents, except for PCGS or NGC graded keys (a little out of 7070, I know) 09-VDB, 09-SVDB, 14-D, 22 Plain, 55 dbl die, Proofs before 1956
Jeffersons
Roosies
Washingtons
Kennedys
Ikes, SBA, etc.

==Looking for pre WW2 Commems in PCGS Rattler holders, 1851-O Three Cent Silvers in all grades

Successful, problem free and pleasant transactions with: illini420, coinguy1, weather11am,wayneherndon,wondercoin,Topdollarpaid,Julian, bishdigg,seateddime, peicesofme,ajia,CoinRaritiesOnline,savoyspecial,Boom, TorinoCobra71, ModernCoinMart, WTCG, slinc, Patches, Gerard, pocketpiececommems, BigJohnD, RickMilauskas, mirabella, Smittys, LeeG, TomB, DeusExMachina, tydye

Comments

• Oh No, California. Does this mean you will send the Governor to terminate us if we misbehave?image
  • ajiaajia Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭
    1. Half cents, large cents, 3 cents, half dimes, shield nickels, bust and seated dimes, twenty cents, bust and seated quarters, half dollars, dollars:

Do we really want to include any clad coinage?
    I vote no.
  • Musky1011Musky1011 Posts: 3,899 ✭✭✭✭
    how about
    trade like coins bust for bust, seated for seated
    otherwise the coins everybody wants gets taken out without being replaced by coinage of same type or older

Jim
    Pilgrim Clock and Gift Shop.. Expert clock repair since 1844

Menomonee Falls Wisconsin USA

http://www.pcgs.com/SetRegistr...dset.aspx?s=68269&ac=1">Musky 1861 Mint Set
  • claychaserclaychaser Posts: 4,405 ✭✭✭✭

The clad comment was tongue in cheek - they will be on the "no fly" list for the tag! Unless Musky wants em.......... lol!

Cool hobos!image

==Looking for pre WW2 Commems in PCGS Rattler holders, 1851-O Three Cent Silvers in all grades

Successful, problem free and pleasant transactions with: illini420, coinguy1, weather11am,wayneherndon,wondercoin,Topdollarpaid,Julian, bishdigg,seateddime, peicesofme,ajia,CoinRaritiesOnline,savoyspecial,Boom, TorinoCobra71, ModernCoinMart, WTCG, slinc, Patches, Gerard, pocketpiececommems, BigJohnD, RickMilauskas, mirabella, Smittys, LeeG, TomB, DeusExMachina, tydye
  • ajiaajia Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭
    how about
    trade like coins bust for bust, seated for seated

I like the idea, to an extent, but doesn't that kinda defeat the purpose for tag/swap.
    If I need the seated series (which I don't, except for the dollar), meaning I don't have any, then that would exclude me from tagging for one?
    Seems kinda harsh.

I think for this tag JB will have to decide if the tag swap make sense for the members down the line.
  • BRdudeBRdude Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭
    That all seems fair to meimage
    When ya shipping???imageimageimage
    AKA kokimoki
    the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed
    Join the NRA and protect YOUR right to keep and bear arms
    To protest against all hunting of game is a sign of softness of head, not soundness of heart. Theodore Roosevelt
    [L]http://www.ourfallensoldier.com/ThompsonMichaelE_MemorialPage.html[L]
    Making a list, checking ti twice ..... actually, working up the 07-W gold eagle 1st Strike submit and a couple of other hot irons in the fire, but I have not forgotten about the tag!

I've been a real schmuck about not getting this launched. Due to my chaotic schedule right now, I am going to wait for a while, but still want to host this. In the meantime, I'll let eyoung429 try his hand and join in on his tag.image