Home Sports Talk
Options

How about that Hockey

Just kidding

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was gonna say I thought the NHL was on strike......
  • Options
    nightcrawlernightcrawler Posts: 5,110 ✭✭
    Na, they're just layin low.
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭
    GO WINGS!!!!!!!!!
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    dirtmonkeydirtmonkey Posts: 3,048 ✭✭

<< <i>GO WINGS!!!!!!!!! >>

image Pronger's out too, so hope they win tonight
  • Options
    sagardsagard Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭
    I have not in my 36 years ever rooted for the Redwings. Until now. F the Ducks.
  • Options

<< <i>I have not in my 36 years ever rooted for the Redwings. Until now. F the Ducks. >>

LOL...
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭
    I have not in my 36 years ever rooted for the Redwings. Until now. F the Ducks.
    nice!!!

welcome aboard

yeah that was a nasty hit by pronger he deserved atleast 1 game
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    He really should have gotten more than 1 game, and why didn't Neidemeyer get a game? Should have been one for good old Scotty, and 3 for Chris, but it's the playoffs I guess so they judge things differently.
    And yes, F#$% the ducks, go Wings!
    Jay
  • Options

<< <i>He really should have gotten more than 1 game, and why didn't Neidemeyer get a game? Should have been one for good old Scotty, and 3 for Chris, but it's the playoffs I guess so they judge things differently.
    And yes, F#$% the ducks, go Wings!
    Jay >>

I'm excited about Detroit to this point. Hasek has been playing well and Datsyuk decided to show up for the playoffs this year. Some of their youngsters like Fillpula have been playing very good as well. Losing Schneider hurts, but they have been successful at throwing young guys all year and having them do well.

I'm surprised at what Ottawa has done to Buffalo up to this point. Ottawa has been a good regular season team for a while now, but always fall quickly in the playoffs. I certainly expected Buffalo to run through them pretty easily because of their depth, but it's unlikely they'll be going anywhere but home now unless they can muster 3 more wins.
  • Options
    nightcrawlernightcrawler Posts: 5,110 ✭✭
    Fu@% Ottawa...

$h!t, I said Ottawa, now I have to spit...

Crap, I did it again. image

...GO DETROIT...
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    They still playing? Are they showing the playoffs on the Oxygen channel, or whatever it's called?
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They still playing? Are they showing the playoffs on the Oxygen channel, or whatever it's called?

No, that's Versus, that world renowned bastion of sports broadcasting. Get with it man! image

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>They still playing? Are they showing the playoffs on the Oxygen channel, or whatever it's called? >>

Uh uh. The Bruins have an exclusive post season T.V. contract with the Lifetime network (Bettman initially balked at this, but the Bruin players persuaded him that their style of play would serve as an excellent complement to Lifetime's other programming, and perhaps draw in a new demographic), but since they didn't make the post season this year the playoffs are being televised on Vs. and NBC.
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>They still playing? Are they showing the playoffs on the Oxygen channel, or whatever it's called? >>

Uh uh. The Bruins have an exclusive post season T.V. contract with the Lifetime network (Bettman initially balked at this, but the Bruin players persuaded him that their style of play would serve as an excellent complement to Lifetime's other programming, and perhaps draw in a new demographic), but since they didn't make the post season this year the playoffs are being televised on Vs. and NBC. >>

image Nice!

• Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

Uh uh. The Bruins have an exclusive post season T.V. contract with the Lifetime network (Bettman initially balked at this, but the Bruin players persuaded him that their style of play would serve as an excellent complement to Lifetime's other programming, and perhaps draw in a new demographic), but since they didn't make the post season this year the playoffs are being televised on Vs. and NBC. >>

image Nice! >>

Ha! Glad you took it in stride. Hockey obviously isn't for everyone, which is understandable.