Home PSA Set Registry Forum

I would hate to have to buy something like this...

To complete my Larry Bird Master Set registry. Worst looking card ever. I could draw a better looking sticker with crayons.

Larry Bird Jewel Sticker
Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set

Comments

• mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    Come, now -- there are a ton of ugly cards that are worth $1,500-

I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭✭
    That is a cool looking Worthy item!
    Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards
  • MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    I bet it was licensed they just forgot to add the team names, messes up the asthetics.
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭
    Well, it does have the seller's recommendation as an 'investment grade' card.
  • maybe soon they will add player pogs to the master sets image
    collecting:
    1990 leaf in (10)
    1986 topps mets (10)
    2008 ring kings cut signatures
    any Darryl Strawberry, Dwight Gooden, Keith Hernandez cards in (10)
  • GDM67GDM67 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭
    Looks like a still frame from one of those MSNBC prison documentaries.
  • MeteoriteGuyMeteoriteGuy Posts: 7,140 ✭✭
    Looks like they are in Simpson style.

Mark
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • PubliusPublius Posts: 1,306 ✭✭

<< <i>Looks like they are in Simpson style.

Mark >>

LOL

• bri2327bri2327 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭
    Its alot nicer than this Ewing I was considering for my master set. image

Ewing ?
    "The other teams could make trouble for us if they win."
    -- Yogi Berra

There sticker versions of broders!!!! PSA should never have let these in, it makes em look like legit cards/stickers/pogs
  • Kid4hof03Kid4hof03 Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭✭✭
    While it's definitely not the most attractive set of the era it is highly collected and has been for quite some time. Putting together a high grade set is insane, building a decent ungraded one has taken me years. To each his own, right?

Abe
    Collecting anything and everything relating to Roger Staubach
    Yes to each his own but to me they are unlicensed stickers you would get out of a grocery store quarter machine. I can't see where they are legitimate at all.
    I'm just curious, do you consider the Topps football cards of teh 1970's unlicensed? Do you add those to your Bradshaw sets? There is a reason that they don't show the team logos, Fleer had those rights I believe. Just for the record, I'm not saying that the Topps sets are not legitimate, I collect them, I just wonder where and why you draw the line.

Abe
    All the steelers cards I have, and I just relooked to make sure I wasn't crazy, say the word Steelers on the front of the card. These have no team affiliations what so ever.
    They say the word on the front but they do not show any team emblems, they were not liscenced by the NFL at that time.
    Having the name is good enough for me to consider it a real card unlike these stickers that don't even go that far. I doubt the players got any money from these stickers either.
  • RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭

<< <i>maybe soon they will add player pogs to the master sets image >>

DONT give them any ideas image
  • That is quite a cartoonish looking "card". Best of luck with your registry set!
  • gregmo32gregmo32 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭
    These have always been highly collected. One thing to remember (for those who aren't basketball collectors) is that there were almost no cards issued for much of the decade. This is a star filled set which is incredibly tough to find in top grade. I have a few of those Bird/Worthy that are PSA 5 and I was happy to find them!
    My PSA 9's of Magic Johnson and Kareem would be very expensive to try and buy from me...
    I am buying and trading for RC's of Wilt Chamberlain, George Mikan, Bill Russell, Oscar Robertson, Jerry West, and Bob Cousy!
    Don't waste your time and fees listing on ebay before getting in touch me by PM or at gregmo32@aol.com !
    Basketball collectors must of been desperate for something from these years to collect those prism stickers.
  • SoFLPhillyFanSoFLPhillyFan Posts: 3,931 ✭✭
    I need an Erving for the Dr. J Master set. They are hard to find and quite expensive. An 8 went for $255 on 5/9.

I have my concerns over the inclusion of these stickers in the set. The Paninis and JMS Game are enough.