Home Metal Detecting
Options

1931 International Harvester Token Centennial of the McCormick Reaper

PipestonePetePipestonePete Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭✭✭
Just dug this today. Will an olive oil soaking improve the surfaces of this brass token?

Comments

• Options
    guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,240 ✭✭✭
    Neat find.
    I don't think olive oil will hurt it.
    @ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • Options
    phutphut Posts: 1,087
    Oil may darken it up a little, and get a little more green off, but It looks like you cleaned it fairly well already.
    Nice findimage
  • Options
    marymmarym Posts: 713
    Very cool token!
    Be Still and Know
  • Options
    SilverDreamsSilverDreams Posts: 427 ✭✭
    That is very cool. Nice job!
    I lust for silver.
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    Nice find! That is a so called dollar, HK-460. There were 25,000 of these struck by the Medallic Art Co. They were given out as a souvenir.
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,215 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool find indeed, and believe it or not, it isn't the first dug one I've seen. I seem to recall somebody submitted one to the "Ask Mark Parker" column of Western & Eastern Treasures magazine, some years ago. I don't remember what he said it was worth. You could try searching the W&ET site to see if it is archived somewhere, but I have my doubts.

As I recall, it wasn't a high-dollar item, but it has a high coolness factor.

PS- aha, thanks fer sharin' the info, woodwalker.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    PipestonePetePipestonePete Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Woodwalker and everyone for the comments. I "googled" it and found several (in much better condition) listed for $30-$50. Like so many other detecting targets, the fun of finding these far exceeds their dollar value.
  • Options
    Very nice!
    Analog Rules! Knobs and Switches are cool!
    imageimage
  • Options
    Cool token.

G.
    imageimageimage