Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

Deleted: No wonder this forum sucks!

There sure are some useless %$#@'s on this forum! A lot of people whine because they are jealous, others because they have nothing better to do and others because they are ignorant.

If you want to know why i would consider using this forum to post coins over the BST because it is within the rules and with the BST it falls off within 10 minutes because of being over crowded with people ttt or making some excuse to send it to the top. Truthfully I think PCGS should limit the registry from sales stuff to top pops only. Sure I had a few that were not top pops listed but i just recycled an old thread since this forum is so wheelin' & Dealin'. Now that I think of it, attempting to sell here is a waste of time anyway. I never sell any coins from this place anyway.

Comments

• guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,237 ✭✭✭
    try the BST
    @ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • Darn I wish I had some money. I don't see anyway I could afford it right now image.
  • DatentypeDatentype Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭
    guitarwes, this is also a BST. Thank you for your help!
  • guitarwes - suggest that you read Forum Rules before you start acting as a Forum Cop. I personally don't like the selling of coins on this forum but it is permitted.

Garneteye
    The glass is half full!
  • ellewoodellewood Posts: 1,750
    guitarwes,

What datentype was trying to say was that many times people will use this board to offer nice PCGS coins to other fellow registry folks. Often times, I will post a link here and a link on the BST...

edited to add: PCGS coins!
  • cupronikcupronik Posts: 773 ✭✭✭
    It would be easier to find registry set caliber coins offered for sale on this forum than have to sift through
    the myriad of all coins offered on the BST. What is the actual purpose of the PCGS registry set forum
    anyway?

• << <i>What is the actual purpose of the PCGS registry set forum anyway? >>

Carolj has made it very clear what this Forum is intended for.

The PCGS Set Registry forum is for PCGS Set Registry participants to discuss Set Registry issues, to share photos from their collections, to post want lists, and to sell duplicates and other registry coins.

And, whining is also allowed. So, guitarwes is probably on the correct Forum.

RegistryNut image
  • dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,717 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This forum was created because certain dealers are too good for the BST forum and tried to use the US Coin forum to run their business.
    Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053

<< <i>This forum was created because certain dealers are too good for the BST forum and tried to use the US Coin forum to run their business. >>

I see you are still a block head- fool! Nothing ever changes - huh!?
  • TACloughTAClough Posts: 1,598
    I would rather see a coin listed here on this Forum for one of my son's sets then searching through all of the eBay crap on the B/S/T Board. The rules state that the PCGS graded coins can be offered for sale here, but I quess there will always be someone to stick their nose in someone elses business.

JMHO,
    Tim
  • FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,401 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>There sure are some useless %$#@'s on this forum! A lot of people whine because they are jealous, others because they have nothing better to do and others because they are ignorant. >>

and which fits you after reading the posts to this thread. You are right. Somethings never change and you are one of the things.

Ken
    quote - excerpt: "but I quess there will always be someone to stick their nose in someone elses business."

Fairlaneman, you do not know me or my intentions here. Sorry if you took offense to this. I guess those of you know who you are that match my description.
  • Henry
    Ducks or Red Wings tonight?
  • mas3387mas3387 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭
    A nice cold one Maybe? image
  • Wow image

Geeze image

What? image

This was a perfectly fitting thread! Look where we're at now. Shame on those that got us here! image

RegistryNut
  • FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,401 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>quote - excerpt: "but I quess there will always be someone to stick their nose in someone elses business."

Fairlaneman, you do not know me or my intentions here. Sorry if you took offense to this. I guess those of you know who you are that match my description. >>

As usual you could not refrain from taking a shot. Five years of watching this gets old. Personally you can take shots at me all you want but when you take shots at a well established member like dbldie55 its just cheap. From now on I will just agree with every damn thing you say. Okay ?

Ken
    This is why they call me Henry Kissenger. When there is a world diplomacy issue - call in the professionals! Yeah maybe a need a cold one or dozen! i'm just trying to see if i can revert the boards back to the "good old days". Too many people are not jumping on the bashing bandwagon.

Ducks tonight - I'm pissed they dismissed Pronger for a nice soft pat against the boards on a RedWing. It's almost as bad as the San Antonio Spurs being given a free game and beating up on my boy Nash .image
    Fairlaneman, deal. As far as beating up on dbldie55. This leads back to the comment excerpt ""but I quess there will always be someone to stick their nose in someone elses business." This is as old as the hills between us and I'm sorry this has to go public. We have beat up on each other many times - that's where the same ol' same' ol' comes into place.
  • CurrinCurrin Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Date.. I PM you on one of the Jeffs... Thanks Ronnie
    My 20th Century Type Set, With Type Variations---started : 9/22/1997 ---- completed : 1/7/2004

My 20th Century Gold Major Design Type Set ---started : 11/17/1997 ---- completed : 1/21/2004
  • RBinTexRBinTex Posts: 4,328
    "...I see you are still a block head- fool! Nothing ever changes - huh!?..." image

Yes, "the good old days" image

Seriously though, you'd catch a lot more flies w/honey -

AND

AN ACTUAL PRICE IN THE THREADS WHERE YOU TRY TO SELL SOMETHING ON THIS FORUM instead of trying to hook the greatest fool via pm.

<< <i>Seriously though, you'd catch a lot more flies w/honey -

AND

AN ACTUAL PRICE IN THE THREADS WHERE YOU TRY TO SELL SOMETHING ON THIS FORUM instead of trying to hook the greatest fool via pm. >>

Redcents this makes no sense to me? I tried this catching flys with honey in my backyard and I only caught Bees. I'll never figure this stuff out. As far as actual prices, that is called giving error in my book and who wants to see their coin they boght a year or so ago selling for less by me etc. Hooking the greatest fool via PM- I give the same price to everyone.
  • PM sent to Datentype. Some nameless people ruined his post and now I do not know what he has to offer!
    Mike--(2001 #1 PCGS MS Memorial Lincoln Registry Set Owner & 2007 #13 MS Memorial Lincoln Set Owner. Both Retired)
  • StoogeStooge Posts: 4,639 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Some nameless people ruined his post and now I do not know what he has to offer! >>

I know he didn't have any FB Roosies! image

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • MarkMark Posts: 3,520 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If he didn't have any FB Roosie's, then the thread deserved to get trashed!!

Mark

PS: Just kidding. image I actually enjoy looking at what Datentype has found and is for sale.
    Mark

• ajiaajia Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭
    From my response to Datentype's 'Good Old Days' post.....

I can't remember different 'clique's', disagreement, yes. But never to the point where as soon as a member you had a disagreement with posted you jump on and badmouth him.

Seems like some just have to add fuel to the fire.
    As the few bicker about something that happened months, if not years ago, the rest of us stand back & wonder why.
    After the dust settle's none in the bickering end up looking good, IMO.

Sad. image
  • garsmithgarsmith Posts: 5,894 ✭✭
    DNT I agree with you too many whiners here and most of the whiners have never read CJ's forum rules!

Face if it whern't for the occasional registry grade coins offered here this forum would be pretty dead!

• leothelyonleothelyon Posts: 8,349 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>DNT I agree with you too many whiners here and most of the whiners have never read CJ's forum rules!

Face if it whern't for the occasional registry grade coins offered here this forum would be pretty dead! >>

image You know, there's quite a big difference between collecting slabs and collecting coins! One has alot to do with being a coin collector.

Leo

The more qualities observed in a coin, the more desirable that coin becomes!

My Jefferson Nickel Collection

• garsmithgarsmith Posts: 5,894 ✭✭
    <<You know, there's quite a big difference between collecting slabs and collecting coins! One has alot to do with being a coin collector.>>

leothelyon what are you doing on the PCGS Set Registry Forum if you don't like slabbed coins?

and a FYI I have 26 registry sets, 13 of which are 100% complete and my slabbed coins are less than 10% of my total coin colection!
  • wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am also perplexed by Leo's comment considering I have looked at many a post where Leo himself is proudly showing off his slabbed purchases?

In any event, this would be a better place I believe if silly tacit attacks were avoided. There are plenty of other sites out there to stir up a fight - really no need to do it here.

Wondercoin

Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
    http://forums.collectors.com/messageview.cfm?catid=30&threadid=586383&STARTPAGE=2

<< <i><<You know, there's quite a big difference between collecting slabs and collecting coins! One has alot to do with being a coin collector.>>

leothelyon what are you doing on the PCGS Set Registry Forum if you don't like slabbed coins?

and a FYI I have 26 registry sets, 13 of which are 100% complete and my slabbed coins are less than 10% of my total coin colection! >>

http://forums.collectors.com/messageview.cfm?catid=30&threadid=586383&STARTPAGE=2

4. Once your message has been posted you may not use “ttts” or other methods to keep your selling message near the top of the page.

I believe the above rule was the reason for the demise of MS66FS coin/sale, It wasn't deleted because of the name calling of blockheads, fools and whiners. Someone may have been ignorant of the rules but this was hardly the reason why the thread was kept to top of the forum. The sale ran it's course and was promptly deleted, there's nothing more to it.
    When I search these forums for coins, I'll use the search button at the top of this window, it's that simple. If someone is searching for a specific date, they will go to graet lengths to locate that coin for their collections. And every so often I'll check the collectors corner website and surprisingly, the MS66FS coin is not listed there. Does it cost to post there?
    As for disliking slabs, I don't know where you get that from.
    On R-Sets, You can say you have 13 complete R-Sets but the registry allows for the creation of several subsets in variuos date ranges that may include proofs, varieties and so on, all from one set of coins. One coin can easily be apart of several subsets in the registry. I know this, I've done it myself. But my JN collection is far from 100% complete. I can only see that you have completed the Ike and later dollars collections. You have a few Morgan and Peace BS and proof dollars to locate before calling those collections complete but you can call them whatever you prefer.

Nice Ike dollars, by the way!

Leo

• SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,875 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think Leo said he didn't like slabbed coins in his post.
    If enough people reiterate what he is saying, I believe new collectors such as myself sooner or later get his meaning.
    Then we can can slowly evolve into collectors.
    JMHO.

<< <i>I am also perplexed by Leo's comment considering I have looked at many a post where Leo himself is proudly showing off his slabbed purchases?

In any event, this would be a better place I believe if silly tacit attacks were avoided. There are plenty of other sites out there to stir up a fight - really no need to do it here.

Wondercoin >>

Where have I ever shown pictures of slabs? You'll see coins and ther strikes but never complete pictures of slabs. You've seen one, you've seen them all, they all look alike. Why would I go to lengths capturing all four corners of a slab? image

Leo

• WHY? Can't we all get along?

Mike--(2001 #1 PCGS MS Memorial Lincoln Registry Set Owner & 2007 #13 MS Memorial Lincoln Set Owner. Both Retired)
    Where have I ever shown pictures of slabs?

Leo: I guess I didn't realize that all of your Teletrade purchases you just posted a thread about were of raw coins?

Wondercoin

Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.

<< <i>Where have I ever shown pictures of slabs?

Leo: I guess I didn't realize that all of your Teletrade purchases you just posted a thread about were of raw coins?

Wondercoin

image >>

Well Mitch,

I'm more interested in seeing your great Jefferson nickel collection. I can see you're building an all match set with, "Super Quality Coins in all respects!!" How soon will you have some quality photos of those great coins?

Leo

Leo: Unfortunately, my Jeff set has been put on the "back burner" for the past year or so, as has a number of my other sets. The culprit - the US Mint!

Wondercoin
  • cointimecointime Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mark,

This was fun. Time to start another one? I've got a 20th Century Anv set with a top pop for sale. I promise not to TTT or recycle the thread image
  • CurrinCurrin Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mitch,
    I would like to hear more about why the US Mint is slowing your pursuit. Is because of the SFs or something else that is going on? Also, what will it take from the mint to get your interest back?

Ronnie
    My 20th Century Type Set, With Type Variations---started : 9/22/1997 ---- completed : 1/7/2004

My 20th Century Gold Major Design Type Set ---started : 11/17/1997 ---- completed : 1/21/2004
    Ronnie: Actually, just the opposite - I spent a great deal of money last year on 2006(w) Mint Product which took away available funds from adding coins to many of my ongoing collections.

Wondercoin