Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

PCI Graded Eisenhower Dollars

I have been buying a few Ikes certified by PCGS and NGC thinking maybe someday having a high grade Registry Set. I noticed several PCI high grade (MS68 to MS70) silver Ikes on Ebay today. What grade do you suppose they would get if submitted to NGC or PCGS? Most of the PCI coins I own are circulated coins and seem to be properly graded. Thanks, Charlie

Comments

• Charlie,

I saw that PCI bunch. I looked at the MS69 and 2 or 3 of the MS68's. I would say that the MS69 is probably no more than a MS67 in PCGS or NGC (or in my opinion). The MS68s are definitely MS66s, again in PCGS or NGC (or in my opinion).

My summarized assessment, you get what you pay for. Now the disclaimer ... you can never tell 100% based on the scan so you may luck out and get it one (PCGS or NGC) grade below what PCI has it graded at.

Finally, PCI is good (can get crossover or upgrade) in a few coin series but I do not think that is the case for PCI and the Ike series.
    My eBay Items

I love Ike dollars and all other dollar series !!!

I also love Major Circulation Strike Type Sets, clad Washingtons ('65 to '98) and key date coins !!!!!

If ignorance is bliss, shouldn't we have more happy people ??
  • khaysekhayse Posts: 1,336
    Moosesr,

I can't help you with how PCI compares. I've read that it
    varies from right on to several grades down.

I saw the PCI MS70 Ikes on ebay and I thought about it (still
    am thinking about it). I kept thinking for $50 what's the risk
    and how far off could they be. I could see marks on the scans
    but I suppose the marks could be on the slabs. They could easily
    be 68s which would be well worth the purchase price.

Decisions, decisions.

Good luck,
    -Keith H