Home Metal Detecting
Options

Garrett GTI 2500

I have a friend that is looking at one of these so I thought I would ask feedback form users of this machine. How is it for coin/relic hunting? deep? Thanks!

Northern California
Minelab Sovereign GT with 180 meter and Sunray probe.

Comments

• Options
    Pretty sure some of the guys here use it (or have used it)...
    LM, Millennium, GR, others???
  • Options
    It is an excellent machine..But there is a learning curve. and a lot of people tend to set the sensitivity too high...I did when I first got mine, so tell them to experiment with that if they tend to get a lot of false positives. I love mine and would not trade it for anything. It goes very deep, and is very reliable. When I go out with mine I have the confidence that if I sweep the right area, I will find what is there..
  • Options
    Thanks! I'll pass that on to my friend, your tips sound similiar to ones I ave heard for my Explorer image
    Hopefully others will chime in with more advice on this machine.

Northern California
    Minelab Sovereign GT with 180 meter and Sunray probe.
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I have one but haven't really used it long enough to be a giver of advice. I have just gotten it to start producing for me.

I haven't been out much lately (in the last three months, actually), but I suspect I need to be dusting the thing off soon and putting the coil to the soil.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.